• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved wordpress: Internal error: Decryption failed - Urgent

finbarr69

Basic Pleskian
We suffered a severe server crash and I have had to restore parts of /etc /var and /usr from the old hard disk after getting the server re-imaged. For some reason, plesk backups were missing. :-(

Almost back up and running, but when I go into Plesk and under Server Management, I click on Wordpress, I get this error:

Internal error: Decryption failed: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
Message Decryption failed: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
File aps_php.php
Line 7173
Type Exception

I have already followed this article, but it has not fixed my problem.

There are two wordpress installations.

In Mysql:
select name,value,registry_object_id from apsc.aps_registry_object_setting where name='admin_password';

gives me :

+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------+
| name | value | registry_object_id |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------+
| admin_password | $AES-128-**** | 6 |
| admin_password | $AES-128-**** | 12 |

*I have starred out the real passwords*

I assume the passwords I need to update in there were the same as the result from cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ? Anyway, I updated them to that and it made no difference.

When I try to visit one of the Wordpress sites I get a 503 Service Temporarily unavailable.

In the error_log. I see:

[proxy:error] [pid 5846:tid 140441563375360] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain.com/php-fpm.sock (*) failed
[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 5846:tid 140441563375360] AH01079: failed to make connection to backend: httpd-UDS

(I have obfuscated mydomain.com).

I didn't think we used a proxy. Maybe this is part of the problem.

Please, what can I do to get Wordpress up and running again? I've been working all through the night to try to get this resolved. Many thanks!

Brian

Well! It turned out to be two things. Because I had brought over /etc/passwd but not /etc/shadow ... the passwords for the web users were not on the system. Going into "Web Hosting Access" and re-entering the password for each domain has fixed the websites (no longer a 503 error, but now a normal site!).

Then to fix the Server Management -> Wordpress link (decryption failed message), the page I linked previously did help but it isn't very clear and should really be updated to clarify which password to enter, and it is missing password() to encrypt the password.

I managed to work out that the password set in Web Hosting Access is the one to use in the query like this:

update apsc.aps_registry_object_setting set value=PASSWORD('my_password') where registry_object_id = 6 and name='admin_password';
update apsc.aps_registry_object_setting set value=PASSWORD('my_other_password') where registry_object_id = 12 and name='admin_password';

I found out which one was 6 and which one was 12 by looking at the whole apsc.aps_registry_object_setting table :

select * from apsc.aps_registry_object_setting;

Where you can see the admin_email and title which give you clues about which website is which.

Your registry_object_id values will not be 6 and 12 most likely, but using the full table, you can match things up.

Hope that helps others. now I can go and sleep!

Back