• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress Multisite with different domains - not subdomains

mathi_reg

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

I'm running a wordpress multisite with example.com (main site) and example.com/b2c (2nd network site).
This rund smoothly within my plesk installation. I'm now looking into the matter of having a completely seperate domain like something.com working as my 2nd network site and basically pointing to example.com/b2c. Right now this is done with a simple frame-forwarding which is of course bad.

I'm looking after a solution to have something.com fully working with all permalinks etc as the site that now runs under /b2c

I googled quite a bit and found a few threads but they all only talk about subdomain installations.

What I did so far is also creating the Domain something.com under Plesk but added it to the same subscription as example.com. I also pointed the DNS to my server IP. and I now have of course a new directory for something.com under the main domain.

Can you give me some guidelines or ideas of how I could make that work?

Do I have to manipulate the database so that the /b2c site is having a different domain inside the database?
Do I have to use some htaccess "hack" to point all permalinks of /b2c to the 2nd domain?

Thank you in advance,
Matt

A bit unclear what you want to do. Getting wordpress to use the something.com domain would be done by setting the domain in /wp-admin/options-general.php. But with wordpress alone you can't use more than one domain, it will generate absolute links only for its configured domain. For the other domain, you can use redirects for the existing 3rd party links to your site in nginx configuration or htaccess, but all absolute links wordpress generates will point to the configured domain.

Hi
Did anyone get a solution to this? ,
As per my research, it does not require a plugin for domain mapping, but my parked domain always loading the default server generated Plesk page

Back