• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WordPress not sending emails

McCoy

New Pleskian
Using plesk 12.5.3 CentOS 6.10

I have about 8 wordpress installations on the plesk server. I recently tried adding a contact form to one of them and couldn't figure out why it wasn't sending emails. The form says "sent successfully" but then there is nothing in my inbox/spam. So I dug a little deeper and realised that wordpress won't even send an email for "forgot my password" on the log in page. This happens on all websites on the plesk server.

Problem only happens on the plesk dedicated server and not on my other sites.

Any idea what's causing this? Or how to troubleshoot? I am a bit out of my depth here and really appreciate any help

TIA

Please go to Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings and enable the option Allow users and scripts to use Sendmail.

Please go to Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings and enable the option Allow users and scripts to use Sendmail.

Thanks for the help!

I just checked and this was already set to allow.

Also I've tried changing my wordpress login email address to a googlemail email address and emails started appearing in my spam folder. So maybe my horde email account is automatically deleting the emails. Is it possible my server is flagged as a spam server? Is there any way to check?

Thanks

Please also check the maillog of the server. Are you sure that the mail is not sent? Maybe it is sent but simply ending up in GMail junk mail?

Download, install and activate the WP Mail SMTP plugin from the WordPress repository. Once activated, click the Settings link (or Settings > Email link in the sidebar) to configure the plugin. Enter your email address and name and, in the Mailer section, ensure Send all WordPress emails via SMTP is selected

In this case, the first step to be verified is to conform if you can receive the emails sent by webmail. If you can, then the ideal is to install WP Mail SMTP in your WordPress installation and configure it.

If the problem is server side, in the case of Plesk, make sure that the DNS notes are correct, as well as in:
  • Tools & Settings - Mail Server Settings, check the options:
    • Enable DMARC to check incoming e-mail and Allow outbound e-mail signature.
If the error persists, check your main.cf file.

Last edited:
Back