• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Wordpress site stops working

ksau

New Pleskian
Hi!

Sorry for dumb questions, I am quite new to Plesk

Some weeks ago I created a WordPress site on my Plesk server (Debian 10 based, everything imvolved up to date). Now suddenly the WordPress page stopped working, it only shows the Plesk admin login page when accessed. Trying to open /wp-admin is a 404 error.

The /var mount was full recently (backups...) and I did some package updates of the system. Nothing else changed.

Any advice?

I'в suggest you try to repair the domain's configs and settings with the following command:

# plesk repair web domain.tld

I'в suggest you try to repair the domain's configs and settings with the following command:

# plesk repair web domain.tld
Did not change it, unfortunately :-(

Perhaps some more explanation of the behaviour: when I click "Domains" and the domain name affected, there is no "Wordpress" tab. "preview" opens the Wordpress site as expected. "Open in browser" does not, it redirects to "MYDOMAIN/login_up.php?success_redirect_url=%2F" and thus shows the Plesk login form.

Any other ideas are very appreciated!

More insights: Even if I "lock" or "disable" the domain it will still show the Plesk login form instead of a 503 error for instance...

Have you checked that the Plesk custom login URL in Tools & Settings of the server is not set to your website URL?

Have you checked that the Plesk custom login URL in Tools & Settings of the server is not set to your website URL?
I have checked that, everything fine here.

Meanwhile I did a lot of stuff ;-) and currently I am not redirected to the login page any more but to the Plesk "Default page" instead. That applies to Wordpress sites as well as simple "index.html" test pages for this domain. I deleted and re-added the domain several times, now in file manager the owner of all these files is DOMAIN_HASH instead of DOMAIN. Can that be reason for trouble...?

Other symptoms now:
- both, HTTP and HTTPS access show the default page
- HTTPS shows a certificate warning as it uses the main servers' certificate instead of the one that was issued and is configured for the domain itself
- the error_log shows "AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown'" on every access now

I am quite desperate meanwhile. Systems like Plesk are nice when everything runs smoothly but you are doomed when anything fails :-( Takes deep knowledge of all technical components PLUS how Plesk interacts with them to fix such situation...

now in file manager the owner of all these files is DOMAIN_HASH instead of DOMAIN. Can that be reason for trouble...?
It's probably more the
Meanwhile I did a lot of stuff ;-)
that is the cause for the trouble. How can we know what was done?

I suggest to
1) verify that all domains are pointing to the correct server. You may be seeing a wrong page because another server responds. Are the routes/IP addresses all set correctly to that server?
If so, continue with
2) Run
# plesk repair web
The "plesk repair web" command will completely rebuild all webserver configuration files. It practically ensures that you get a perfect default configuration for all your domains. It takes all your settings from the database and generates the server configuration files from that. If the same issue continues after running "plesk repair web" it is very unlikely that this is related to a web server misconfiguration.

that is the cause for the trouble. How can we know what was done?
I totally understand what you mean. I am quite new to Plesk, everything was fine until it stopped working for one of three domains/pages. What should I do besides asking here and trying whatever seams to be helpful...

Thanks again for the "plesk repair web" idea. I have done that -> Error messages = Warnings = Errors resolved = 0. But it changed something: Now I am on the Plesk login page again when accessing via SSL, "Default Page" using HTTP. DNS setting is fine.

It has turned out that this is a local routing issue in the local network of the user. There has actually not been an issue on the server itself.

Just to let you know: I had some conversation offline with Peter and it turned out that my site works fine for him. As it does for me using LTE instead of Wifi! The issue is somehow related to my Wifi connection (Contents cache? DNS cache? IP v4 vs. v6?) and I will try to figure that out.

Again, many thanks, Peter!

Update: selecting the IPv6 address of the server in the domain configuration did the trick for me :)

Back