• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress sites not working on PHP7

rdarby

New Pleskian
I have a problem with plesk / wordpress / php7.
I have about 10 wordpress websites running the same config : php 7.0.13 + nginx (php-fpm) - they all work fine, never had a problem.
About 2 weeks ago i had to create 2 new websites, using the same config. I created the domains, set up php as php7 (run php as fpm nginx), i set up wordpress, it all worked fine. Installed the theme a plugins for both sites and they eventually stopped running. I get a blank page. Tried to turn on wp debug - i get nothing. One stopped working after installing a plugin, the other after installing a theme. I tried to deactivate / delete the plugin and theme - this would not get the websites back. Strange thing is, i run the same theme and plugins on the other 10 sites as well and those still work fine (installed them 6 months ago). Even stranger is that on one new website i got the blank screen after activating theme and on the other i didn't. Same with the plugins... So i set up wordpress again on both sites (after deleting the files and db), installed the theme and plugins and didn't get the blank screen immediately - it appeared after a few seconds after i changed some settings inside wp.

The only fix i could find for this was to switch back to php 5 (switching the php7 as fastcgi would not work either). Sites work on php5. If i switch back to php7 they don't. I tried switching between php5 and 7 a few times, one time it worked on php7 - but just for a few mins, once i published a page, it all went blank.

There is enough free memory on the server - i don't really know where the problem is, but i really need to get this working on php7.

I'm running plesk 12.5 on centos 6.8 - i tried updating to onyx, update went well but the problem is still there.

Please help!

Back