• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WordPress Toolkit Application Update Notifcations not sent & Scheduled Tasks is empty

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running Plesk Version 17.5.3 Update #41 on CentOS 7.4.1708.

I noticed that the WordPress Application Update notification emails are no longer being sent from the server, these are the notification that are enabled in Tools & Settings -> Notifications -> WordPress application updates (administrator's digest) etc...

I found this support article (Unable to receive Application Updates Reports from WordPress Toolkit) and have applied the fix as instructed, however, it made no difference.

Also, step 6 says go to Tools & Settings -> Scheduled Tasks and run the task, but the strange thing is, I have no scheduled tasks listed on that page -- none at all -- which I guess could be the actual problem.

However, all the other scheduled (crond) tasks run as I would expect. I get notifications for system updates, resource usage, Let's Encrypt notices. Backups run as expected and resource calculations also work fine. So, it would appear something weird is going on, and somehow the connection between crond and the Plesk Scheduled Tasks is broken??

Is there some way to restore the Plesk Scheduled Tasks functionality?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Have you checked this setting?

Tools & Settings > Notifications > APS application updates

Have you checked this setting?

Tools & Settings > Notifications > APS application updates

Yes, I have the APS Application Updates (Administrator's Digest) also enabled, but I figured the WordPress Application Updates was independent of those options, as it's provided by the WordPress Toolkit.

I don't use the APS, it's disabled in all my Service Plans, I only use the WordPress Toolkit.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Last edited:
Back