• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Wordpress Toolkit auto updates

PSi_101

Regular Pleskian
I have a question regarding the auto update function of the Wordpress Toolkit.
Since Wordpress already updates itself automatically, what does the auto update function do if I enable it for a site?

Hello,

>Since Wordpress already updates itself automatically
By default Wordpress installs only minor secure update. Using Wordpress Toolkit you can set:
  • Off (not recommended) - Install no updates. This option is the least secure of the three.
  • Minor - Install minor (security) updates only (for example, install 4.7.1, but not 4.8). This option is used by default and should not disrupt the correct operation of plugins.
  • Major & Minor - Install all (minor and major) updates (for example, to install 4.7.1 and 4.8). Please note that installing major updates may affect the operation of WordPress plugins.

I don't have the option to choose Minor or Major & Minor, I can only enable or disable auto updates.

Figured out why I can't see all 3 options, it's because i'm on 12.5 instead of Onyx.
So in the case of Wordpress Tookit on 12.5, does the auto update function do major or minor updates?

In Plesk 12.5 WordPress Toolkit allows you turn on or turn off major updates. Minor updates will be installed automatically by WordPress itself until you disable it manually in wp-config.php.

Back