• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Wordpress toolkit changes Automatic updates to off

Koen Verbruggen

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I've set Automatic updates for all my Wordpress instances to "Automatically install only minor (security) updates".
However, these settings are put back to "Off" after a while. The setting does get saved: when I re-open the instance after opening other instances the setting is still on minor. But when I check back a few hours later the settings are put back to "off".

Does somebody have a solution?

Regards,
Koen

There seems to be a relation with the "scan" function of Wordpress Toolkit.
After the notification "Scanning for WordPress installations was performed" all settings are back to "off".

Hi Koen,

Thanks for reporting this, we'll check it out and get back to you immediately.

I can confirm that it's a bug in WPT. We're going to fix it in the upcoming version of the WPT, which will be released in roughly 2 weeks. Thank you very much for providing specific issue reproduction steps!

I can confirm that it's a bug in WPT. We're going to fix it in the upcoming version of the WPT, which will be released in roughly 2 weeks. Thank you very much for providing specific issue reproduction steps!
Thanks!
Is this just a visual bug where the status is not correctly displayed or is the actual status for updates being put to Off?

The bad news: it's an actual bug (status is actually set to off).
The good news: we've decided to release a special Toolkit update that fixes just this bug ASAP. If everything goes smoothly, it should be out by the end of Friday this week, if not, Monday next week.

Hope this helps!

Back