• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved WordPress Toolkit doesn't detect updates + issue with smart update

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
I'm using WordPress Toolkit (latest version, 4.9) with "smart update" enabled for all the WP installations on my server but a lot of times it fails to detect updates.

For example, this morning I've these updates available for a few WP installations but Tookit doesn't detect updates.
2020-07-24_08-27-31.png
2020-07-24_11-33-42.png

They are all premium plugins (payment... FileBird is managed from "Envato Market" plugin).

Is this a normal behaviour?
Thanks.

Hello,
Could you please clarify if these updates worked properly before the latest update (last Friday)?
We've double checked and updates for paid plugins are seen properly (but to be honest, we've checked plugins from other plugin provider, maybe this matters).
I recommend you to contact our Support team in order we may take a look at your case more closely.

Unfortunately the license is directly managed by my hosting provider so it's not possible for me to send you support request.
Anyway, yesterday and today "smart update" did not update some WP installations, reporting me the error "403 Forbidden":
2020-07-31_08-04-32.png

Yesterday it was the update for the last version of "Rank Math", this morning for Astra Theme:
2020-07-31_08-03-47.png

I have updated both plugins manually using the WordPress's control panels without any problem.
What could be the cause of the problem generated from "smart update"?
Thanks.

Same behaviour a few moments ago with another plugin (then updated manually without problem)
2020-07-31_11-50-32.png
2020-07-31_11-51-33.png

Last edited:
Nothing, all my WordPress installations with Beaver Builder and Astra Theme continue returns the "403 Forbidden"with "smart update" and I need to update manually them every-time.
2020-08-21_08-16-45.png

Is there any way to figure out why this is happening?

Old thread but same problem. I have Smart Update enabled but it's not seeing the latest Elementor Pro update. In WordPress the plugin shows this:

You have version 3.7.5 installed. Update to 3.7.7

But when I choose Updates from WordPress Toolkit it does not show that an update is available for Elementor Pro. I have the updated settings to Yes, all, Forced and Forced.

Back