• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress Toolkit - how to make it better?

custer

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Back in 2014 Plesk 12 has introduced WordPress Toolkit, a tool for managing multiple WordPress instances, to a very positive response from many of you. If you are following Plesk 12.5 previews, you've probably seen a number of improvements already introduced to the Toolkit. However, we believe it's just a small step in making WordPress Toolkit much better. To improve it significantly, we need to make sure we're actually addressing your most important needs -- and this is where your input would be the best help we could hope for.

Please participate in the following survey and let us know what you think.

Survey:
http://odin.wordpress-toolkit.sgizmo.com/s3?s=f

If you want to ask a question or provide feedback beyond the survey, don't hesitate and use this thread. Thanks in advance!

I completed the survey, I think, but it ended abruptly so I'm not sure. Just in case it didn't go through, I thought it was important to reiterate my belief that Plesk should direct their next efforts on the WordPress Toolkit toward an automated fail2ban integration. Inasmuch as you all know how you load and install everything and all the paths you use, this should not be an extremely complex undertaking. Any missing information that is needed is provided to you at the time a user sets up the WordPress installation. I can't imagine anything more important for a WordPress Toolkit than providing a sound basis for stopping WordPress login attacks. Given the target audience for the WordPress Toolkit (and Google's 2,220,000 results for "WordPress login attack"), it seems highly likely that this is an important area where Plesk users need your help. Apparently, you can hook into the WP login process and create a smaller, central log for fail2ban to scan (instead of scanning all the logs for all the websites) so it will scale much better. And besides, any resources such an integration would use wold be offset by the resources being absorbed by bots and the like. If you do take this on, please also look at some way of making recidive bans persistent.

Thanks for reaching out; looking forward to the improved product!

Thanks for hearing on our thoughts i hope it will make a great functions

following your survey, i would like to point out the following in my opinion question 2 that support custom/commercial plugins are two different things and i would like to rate them separate

Back