• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress Toolkit incorrectly declaring an update required

josie333

Basic Pleskian
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #20
CentOS 6.8 (Final)‬
Wordpress 4.7.3
Multisite:

Wordpress Toolkit claims the plugin Membership 2 Pro 1.0.3.3 requires an update and links to the Wordpress plugin repository for the free version Membership 2 (4.0.1.2)
This is not the same as the Pro version and this update would revert the plugin to a lesser product

The same type of issue occurs with another plugin called Hustle 2.0.3.1 which claims an update is required and links to the Wordpress plugin repository for the free version Hustle 5.0.1.1

Hello Josie333,

I investigating this issue. Could you please ask me:
- Do you have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin also installed?
- Is your WPMU DEV membership currently active?

Last edited:
The Toolkit has many problems

It also lists themes and plugins as inactive when they are active

And it often does not pick up on required Theme updates, today being the latest example

> The Toolkit has many problems

Could you please be more specific? We cannot act on a generic "it has many problems" report, as it gives us nothing specific to check.

> It also lists themes and plugins as inactive when they are active

You're probably talking about a known issue related to multisite install since plugins and themes are always displayed properly for common WP installs. Are you using a multisite instance?

> And it often does not pick up on required Theme updates, today being the latest example

Can you specify which theme specifically wasn't listed as having an update available?

The Theme updates required that the Toolkit misses are themify.me themes

CentOS 6.9 (Final)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #40,

Back