• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress Toolkit: Critical error while checking for updates

Katog Choling

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.57_build1800231218.09
In the Plesk control panel for my site, the WP Toolkit is reporting this critical error whenever it checks for updates on my wordpress site. Curiously, this error doesn’t seem to happen when I check for updates manually from the WordPress Updates dashboard page. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Failed to reset cache for the instance #1: PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class WP_Rollback_API_Fetcher, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite/wp-content/plugins/wp-rollback/src/class-rollback-api-requests.php on line 2
Fatal error: Cannot declare class WP_Rollback_API_Fetcher, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite/wp-content/plugins/wp-rollback/src/class-rollback-api-requests.php on line 2
Error: There has been a critical error on this website.

The error comes as the Toolkit does more checks than WP itself before updates, in this case you have plugins using classes that already exist/used.
I would recommend checking the wp-rollback plugin (from the error)

Back