• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WordPress Toolkit - Install Custom Plugins and Themes

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

Great to see this new feature in WP Toolkit v2.5.0:

Support for custom plugins and themes. Users can install and manage their own plugins and themes in WordPress through WordPress Toolkit. In addition, server administrators can upload their own plugins and themes to the server-level plugin and theme repositories so that other users on the server can see and install these plugins and themes. Server administrators can also add their plugins and themes to sets for further provisioning.

However, having uploaded some custom plugins, I can see no way to actually install them. I can add them to plugin sets, but I see no method to simply select the custom plugins for single installation. I have tried in the Customer Panel and the Plesk Admin view. I have also tried disabling the Addendio suppport, but still I can't access the custom plugins I've uploaded to select them for install to w WordPress instance.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

... I just discovered that the custom plugins and themes are listed on the WordPress Toolkit Plugins and Themes tabs, along with all currently installed items. Seems a little odd that there's no way to access them from the "Install" function, but there you go.

Hi Gavin,

Yeah, we know the current custom plugin/theme installation experience is far from perfect (thanks for confirming this, by the way). I won't go into details, but basically, we've had some issues with putting it inside the "Install" function where it should rightfully be, so we've decided to release it the way it is instead of delaying it any further. The good news is we're looking into improving this particular pain point in the next big update of WordPress Toolkit. Let us know if you have other feedback on WPT!

Back