• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress Toolkit Issue

Juan Carlos Nava

New Pleskian
Hello Guys, i have a problem with two wordpress application, im try to sync the instances but show me this:

Error: Error establishing a database connection. This either means that the username and password information in your `wp-config.php` file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at `localhost`. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

im sure to the two instances are fine, i mean, the security things and all WP tool suggestions..

what do you thing is wrong?...

Thanks so much.

If you are sure that the access credentials are correct, or the database user I suggest - if possible - to allow remote and localhost access to the database, meaning to set the "access control" settings of the databases involved to "allow remove connections from" and entering in two lines:
%
localhost

I think that I do know the solution but I am having difficulties in describing it and unfortunately cannot recall where I saw it. The issue could be caused by additional "invisible" UTF-8 characters at the beginning of the wp-config.php file. When the file does not start with a sequence that the WP toolkit expects, the toolkit fails to work with the Wordpress installation. Try to do this on your wp-config.php files:
# less wp-config.php
and carefully examine the output of the first few characters. Is there a sequence like 0x05B or anything similar to this before the actual output starts? In that case try to recreate the wp-config.php file without these "invisible" characters, e.g. copy the rest into a new file and use that file as your new wp-config.php file.

Last edited:
Back