• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WordPress Toolkit - Maintenance Mode Issues

tlatch52

New Pleskian
I'm having issues with updating plugins on one of my WordPress sites - basically I'll update the plugins via the site's /wp-admin or Plesk's WordPress back end and it gets stuck in the "Maintenance Mode" for much too long. The Maintenance mode built-in to the Plesk WordPress Toolkit that is.

Normally when updating WordPress site plugins, it really doesn't even need to go into maint. mode. I tried disabling the WordPress toolkit in Plesk extensions, but the WordPress sites still use the same "Plesk Maint. Mode" page even when the extension is disabled... and it still gets stuck when updating basic plugins.

Any tips? Should I try fully deleting the plesk extension and reinstalling?

Could you please provide us with more details:
Which plugins (names, versions) cause WordPress site to get stuck in maintenance mode?
Do you need to do anything manually to get out of maintenance mode, or it happens automatically after update?
How much time it takes to update the plugins?
Which version of WordPress Toolkit extension do you use?

As for maintenance mode template - you could try to get rid of Plesk maintenance mode page by removing wp-content/maintenance.php file. But I think that won't help much, default WordPress maintenance mode page should be still present.

Back