1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Issue Wordpress Toolkit - MySQL Error

Discussion in 'Plesk Onyx for Linux' started by daniiii_e, Feb 27, 2017.

1. daniiii_e

daniiii_e New Pleskian

20%
    Hi Guys,

thank you for the Awesome Product Plesk. I have a Problem with my Wordpress Toolkit.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
    Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #17
    Update date: 2017/02/22 13:16
    Build date: 2016/11/17 16:00
    OS version: Ubuntu 14.04
    Revision: ab6766191d3ba26e7b21255ab007fc7fc56d84c6
    Architecture: 64-bit
    Wrapper version: 1.2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
    if i want to install a new Wordpress installation with the Wordpress Toolkit i got a error after the loading bar
    Error:
    Failed to install the WordPress instance.
    • ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_0'@'::1' (using password: YES)
    I reinstalled the Plesk Toolkit tested on a other Customer but always the same error with a other database table name: wordpress_0, wordpress_e ...

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    i dont know if it is reproducible

ACTUAL RESULT
    Failed to install the WordPress instance.

• ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_0'@'::1' (using password: YES)

EXPECTED RESULT
    Installation finished. Wordpress Installation should be ready to use

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. daniiii_e

daniiii_e New Pleskian

20%
    Why i have "but you have IPv6 address ::1 instead of localhost" and how can i change this?
    [​IMG]

4. daniiii_e

daniiii_e New Pleskian

20%
    nothing? Is there no option to disable ipv6?

5. daniiii_e

daniiii_e New Pleskian

20%
    Code:
    root@plesk:/var/log/plesk# cat panel.log
    [2017-03-02 01:02:43] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'xxx' 'exec' '/var/www/vhosts/xxx.actor' '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp' '--path=/var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs' 'core' 'config' '--dbname=wordpress_f' '--dbuser=wordpress_l' '--dbpass=xxx' '--dbhost=localhost:3306' '--locale=de_DE'] with exit code [1]
    [2017-03-02 01:02:43] ERR [1] '/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'xxx' 'exec' '/var/www/vhosts/xxx' '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp' '--path=/var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs' 'core' 'config' '--dbname=wordpress_f' '--dbuser=wordpress_l' '--dbpass=xxx' '--dbhost=localhost:3306' '--locale=de_DE' failed with code 1.

stdout:

stderr:
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_l'@'::1' (using password: YES)

[2017-03-02 01:02:45] ERR [panel] Task failed: id=795, pid=20099, type=ext-wp-toolkit-task\install, error=ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_l'@'::1' (using password: YES)

6. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    As I wrote before you have problem with IPv6 address ::1 but not with localhost. Therefore what is output of following SQL query:

mysql> select user,host,password from mysql.user where user='' and host='::1';

?
    Also disabling IPv6 is Linux administrative task for your OS, not Plesk task. It was discussed here many times. Have you tried to use forum search engine?

7. Krammig

Krammig New Pleskian

Igor this is not possible. I have the same problem and it is not an issue with IPv6

This just started happening in trying to install the latest WP version from within Plesk

8. trialotto

trialotto Golden Pleskian Plesk Guru

@Krammig,

Please check /etc/mysql/my.cnf and make sure that

bind-address = 127.0.0.1

is set.

Afterwards, just try to install a clean WP instance and check whether the user [wordpress_user]@::1 or the user [wordpress_user]@localhost is created.

In the case that you have the bind-address on 127.0.0.1 and user user [wordpress_user]@::1, you should then investigate the network interface setup.

In my humble opinion, it seems that you have some odd problem with network configuration, since it should not make any difference for WordPress and the WPT if you have IPv4, IPv6 or both.

Regards...........

9. Peter Debik

Peter Debik Golden Pleskian Plesk Guru

80%
    Not so sure about the bind, it should actually be
    bind-address = ::
    because in other cases, external access to the database server will not be possible. But for testing purposes it is o.k. to change this to
    bind-address = 127.0.0.1
    knowing that this will limit access to local connections only.

10. trialotto

trialotto Golden Pleskian Plesk Guru

@Peter Debik

The bind address format depends on the IP format used: IPv4 or IPv6.

In IPv6 environments, the :: bind address (i.e. localhost) format is common, but not really necessary or required for MySQL: after all, the IPv4 format will also work in that case.

Nevertheless, a whole lot of issues and bugs are related to an IPv6 bind format in the MySQL database configuration.

In general, it is best to use the "old skool" style.

Regards........