• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress Toolkit - MySQL Error

daniiii_e

Basic Pleskian
Hi Guys,

thank you for the Awesome Product Plesk. I have a Problem with my Wordpress Toolkit.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #17
Update date: 2017/02/22 13:16
Build date: 2016/11/17 16:00
OS version: Ubuntu 14.04
Revision: ab6766191d3ba26e7b21255ab007fc7fc56d84c6
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
if i want to install a new Wordpress installation with the Wordpress Toolkit i got a error after the loading bar
Error:
Failed to install the WordPress instance.
  • ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_0'@'::1' (using password: YES)
I reinstalled the Plesk Toolkit tested on a other Customer but always the same error with a other database table name: wordpress_0, wordpress_e ...

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
i dont know if it is reproducible

ACTUAL RESULT

• ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_0'@'::1' (using password: YES)

EXPECTED RESULT
Installation finished. Wordpress Installation should be ready to use

Why i have "but you have IPv6 address ::1 instead of localhost" and how can i change this?
Jk8JYOW.png

Code:
root@plesk:/var/log/plesk# cat panel.log
[2017-03-02 01:02:43] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'xxx' 'exec' '/var/www/vhosts/xxx.actor' '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp' '--path=/var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs' 'core' 'config' '--dbname=wordpress_f' '--dbuser=wordpress_l' '--dbpass=xxx' '--dbhost=localhost:3306' '--locale=de_DE'] with exit code [1]
[2017-03-02 01:02:43] ERR [1] '/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'xxx' 'exec' '/var/www/vhosts/xxx' '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp' '--path=/var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs' 'core' 'config' '--dbname=wordpress_f' '--dbuser=wordpress_l' '--dbpass=xxx' '--dbhost=localhost:3306' '--locale=de_DE' failed with code 1.

stdout:

stderr:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_l'@'::1' (using password: YES)

[2017-03-02 01:02:45] ERR [panel] Task failed: id=795, pid=20099, type=ext-wp-toolkit-task\install, error=ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'wordpress_l'@'::1' (using password: YES)

As I wrote before you have problem with IPv6 address ::1 but not with localhost. Therefore what is output of following SQL query:

mysql> select user,host,password from mysql.user where user='' and host='::1';

?
Also disabling IPv6 is Linux administrative task for your OS, not Plesk task. It was discussed here many times. Have you tried to use forum search engine?

Igor this is not possible. I have the same problem and it is not an issue with IPv6

This just started happening in trying to install the latest WP version from within Plesk

@Krammig,

Please check /etc/mysql/my.cnf and make sure that

bind-address = 127.0.0.1

is set.

Afterwards, just try to install a clean WP instance and check whether the user [wordpress_user]@::1 or the user [wordpress_user]@localhost is created.

In the case that you have the bind-address on 127.0.0.1 and user user [wordpress_user]@::1, you should then investigate the network interface setup.

In my humble opinion, it seems that you have some odd problem with network configuration, since it should not make any difference for WordPress and the WPT if you have IPv4, IPv6 or both.

Regards...........

Not so sure about the bind, it should actually be
bind-address = ::
because in other cases, external access to the database server will not be possible. But for testing purposes it is o.k. to change this to
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
knowing that this will limit access to local connections only.

Not so sure about the bind, it should actually be
bind-address = ::
because in other cases, external access to the database server will not be possible. But for testing purposes it is o.k. to change this to
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
knowing that this will limit access to local connections only.

@Peter Debik

The bind address format depends on the IP format used: IPv4 or IPv6.

In IPv6 environments, the :: bind address (i.e. localhost) format is common, but not really necessary or required for MySQL: after all, the IPv4 format will also work in that case.

Nevertheless, a whole lot of issues and bugs are related to an IPv6 bind format in the MySQL database configuration.

In general, it is best to use the "old skool" style.

Regards........

Hi Guys,

thank you for the Awesome Product Plesk. I have a Problem with my Wordpress Toolkit.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #17
Update date: 2017/02/22 13:16
Build date: 2016/11/17 16:00
OS version: Ubuntu 14.04
Revision: ab6766191d3ba26e7b21255ab007fc7fc56d84c6
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
if i want to install a new Wordpress installation with the Wordpress Toolkit i got a error after the loading bar
Error:
I reinstalled the Plesk Toolkit tested on a other Customer but always the same error with a other database table name: wordpress_0, wordpress_e ...

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
i dont know if it is reproducible

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT
Installation finished. Wordpress Installation should be ready to use

I think you should check this guide to fix the WordPress database error . Discover and Fix WordPress Database Connection Error

Back