• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress toolkit not cleaning up .wp-toolkit directories.

TriJoe

New Pleskian
Webserver ran out of disk space, found around 20 .wp-toolkit folders full of files.

1. Is it safe to delete these folders manually?

2. Why doesn't it clean up these folders automatically?

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 2
Just to add, for one of our clients, the toolkit has around 19GB of files in total, with the actual site being less than 1GB.

The issue turned out to be caused by some permission issues, some of the files it making a copy of for the site duplication (which were not actually related to wordpress) were being copied but unable to be deleted.

I'm still unsure why some of the folders were large in size, but manually deleting them solved the issue.

I'm on a cPanel server, but was finding the same problem on one of my client's installs. I'm not 100% certain that this is it yet, and I also couldn't tell you how this happened... but, I just noticed that the /public_html folder had 755 permissions assigned to it. That's the only difference that I'm noticing between installs w/o out this problem compared to this one, so far.

I'm on a cPanel server, but was finding the same problem on one of my client's installs. I'm not 100% certain that this is it yet, and I also couldn't tell you how this happened... but, I just noticed that the /public_html folder had 755 permissions assigned to it. That's the only difference that I'm noticing between installs w/o out this problem compared to this one, so far.
...and actually, I also just noticed (when 750 permissions prevented the site from loading) that the user group was USER.USER instead of USER.nobody.

The issue turned out to be caused by some permission issues, some of the files it making a copy of for the site duplication (which were not actually related to wordpress) were being copied but unable to be deleted.

I'm still unsure why some of the folders were large in size, but manually deleting them solved the issue.
Hello, im new here but im have same issue as you, after you delete manually does it affect your website or not?

Can you tell me how to reproduce this issue?
I’ve been able to reproduce the issue on cPanel accounts that are low on storage space.

ex:
- vhost has 2gb
- 1.8gb used
- toolkit update takes 250mb
- account isn’t able to function due to being out of storage space

The only solution I’ve found is manually deleting these folders.

Another issue I’ve detected is that caching plugins are detecting these changes and flushing cache. I’ve found TONS of minification and other related references stored in the DB. (IMO, I believe they’re creating a vicious circle with one another)

Back