• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Wordpress Toolkit not updating all Themes/Plugins

Does this happen to anyone else?

• Often

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Craig

New Pleskian
How can I 'force' Wordpress Toolkit to rescan themes and plugins?

A handful of themes and plugins are often present with different version numbers. WP Toolkit will recommend upgrades but only some of the installations are upgraded when ticking the box and selecting upgrade leaving orphaned themes or plugins that require logging into the specific WP install to upgrade.themes.jpg plugins.jpg

Hi Craig,

consider to DETACH your wordpress installations if you experience described issues and pls. make sure, that your Plesk Wordpress Toolkit is up-to-date ( current actual version is "Version: 2.0.2-315" ). ( => HOME > Wordpress > (choose the name of the wordpress instance ) Detach )

Afterwards, SCAN again for (new/old) wordpress instances, so that the WP Toolkit attaches the previous detached wordpress instances again. ( => HOME > Wordpress > Scan )
Selecting the depending wordpress instance and choosing the option "Update", should force the update of the choosen wordpress instance(s). ;)

Hi Craig,

consider to DETACH your wordpress installations if you experience described issues and pls. make sure, that your Plesk Wordpress Toolkit is up-to-date ( current actual version is "Version: 2.0.2-315" ). ( => HOME > Wordpress > (choose the name of the wordpress instance ) Detach )

Afterwards, SCAN again for (new/old) wordpress instances, so that the WP Toolkit attaches the previous detached wordpress instances again. ( => HOME > Wordpress > Scan )
Selecting the depending wordpress instance and choosing the option "Update", should force the update of the choosen wordpress instance(s). ;)

Wouldn't making an option which allows to "reattach" a specific WP site make sense? Doing the detach and directly re-atach including restoring configured settings and options from WP toolkit.
This happened several times on our setups as well. Having to deatach and configure all over again takes time.

Wouldn't making an option which allows to "reattach" a specific WP site make sense?
Yes, it does make the update tool somewhat unusable when it doesn't detect updates. I'd like to use this as it saves time, but I'm more inclined to update the plugins manually from within the CMS. Please fix this.

Yes, it does make the update tool somewhat unusable when it doesn't detect updates. I'd like to use this as it saves time, but I'm more inclined to update the plugins manually from within the CMS. Please fix this.

+1, same issue
Do you have CloudLinux as OS?

Back