• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WordPress ToolKit / Not updating… updates information!

ChristopheJ

New Pleskian
Hello,
My system:
  • CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2683 v3 @ 2.00GHz (2 core(s))
  • Plesk Obsidian v18.0.34_build1800210325.10 os_CentOS 7
  • CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
  • WordPress Toolkit : 5.4.1-5014
I am managing a ten of WordPress websites through WordPress ToolKit for years since any problems. However, since some months, for one of these sites – not a new one, but it has gone through some major improvement lately – WordPress ToolKit does not store the plugins or theme updates information anymore. Hence, this site seems always out of date. If I manually check the state of the plugins, then WordPress ToolKit replies that everything is up to date and that no update is needed.
If I disconnect and reconnect from Plesk, the same problem happens again... I tried to detach this site from WordPress ToolKit and reattach it, without success...
For all my other sites, everything is running smoothly.

Thanks,
Christophe

Is that happens with some specific plugin? Is that plugin installed on other sites that are not affected by the same issue?

Hi Aleksev,

It is a bit difficult to be sure but I don't think so:
  • I have moved this site to the Astra Wordpress theme, which I use for other sites without problem.
  • I use to share a core of plugins for most of my sites, with no particular problem...
But you're right, I need to investigate in further details to see if there is any new plugin that could be the reason of the problem.
I'll be back to tell more about that!

Thanks,

Christophe

Hello,

I think I got it. I have removed two old plugins that were no more in use:
  • Integration: Yoast SEO & qTranslate-X (I have switched to Polylang last year)
  • Easy forms for Mailchimp
And today, the listing of plugins versions seems up to date. Thanks for pointing me towards installation checking!

Thanks,
Christophe

Thank you for the information! We will try to test updates of these two plugins in our test environment.

@ChristopheJ, to investigate the root cause of the issue you have encountered, it would be very helpful for us if you can send us an action log for the affected website. The log file could be found in the /logs/wpt_action_logs of your subscription, the file will be named by the following pattern: action_log__<domain.tld>_<directory path>__<website guid>.log.

According to this log, we can follow the update process and possibly catch the error that was actually happened and thus prevented plugins from being updated.

Sorry for my answer delay. In fact the problem arose again so I tried to investigate a bit more. I finally found that the problem was comin from another plugin, a splash screen plugin (namely Very Simple Splash Page). When activated, it was not possible for Wordpress Toolkit to access the back office of the site, since a confirmation/enter click was required by the splah screen that was also popping up when trying to log in (not only on the frontpage of the site). So in fact, none of the updates were really made: the status in WPTK was correct! I have uninstalled the plugin, and I'm confident that now, everything is ok.
Best,
Christophe

Not long ago, my blogs automatically updated to WordPress 5.9, so I went in and updated my plugins and themes as well (I just use the default theme at the moment), but when I go to the WordPress admin panel Google Site Kit gives me an error.

Back