• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue (WordPress Toolkit) Permissions for files and directories... show always the red circle alert.

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I activated a new WordPress installation using Plesk and I've problems with the "Permissions for files and directories" in the toolkit.

When I fixed the "Permissions for files and directories" , the circle becomes green.
But when I reopen the toolkit, the circle alert return red.
Practically, is necessary to fix the permissions every time that I open the toolkit.

The Wordpress installation is empty with only an extension, WordFence.

Any ideas to resolve this issue?
Thanks

screenshot-wordpress-toolkit.png

My apologies for not answering you sooner. The problem seems to be with Wordfence, I uninstalled Wordfence (for all my WordPress installations) and reinstalled it. This seemed to fix the "Permissions for files and directories" issue I had.

From what I understand, the "error" in the Plesk display can be ignored if Wordfence is used. Whatever you do for setting file permissions manually, Wordfence will interfere with it again causing the "error" to re-appear. However, this should not at all have a negative impact on the operation of the website.

My apologies for not answering you sooner. The problem seems to be with Wordfence, I uninstalled Wordfence (for all my WordPress installations) and reinstalled it. This seemed to fix the "Permissions for files and directories" issue I had.

Thanks Alvin, but the error re-appear also after WordFence reinstallation.
The tech support of WordFence told me that could be a bug of Plesk WordPress Toolkit. I hope to see very soon a fix on Plesk about it.

Back