• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress Toolkit Theme Updates (not working)

Laurence@

Regular Pleskian
In the WP toolkit I have auto-update of Themes enabled. My theme has an update. Theme author has hooked it into WordPress's update function and it shows as update in WordPress and Plesk. However, it is not updating. If it shows in Plesk I'd expect it to auto-update.

Automatic updates of WordPress core, plugins and themes occured once a day by scheduled task. Could you please clarify, is your theme is marked as outdated at the card of WordPress instance at WordPress Toolkit?

Yep, been there for 2 days. I was waiting for it to auto-update to test it:

6fe32b0d0ce2ce31a7895c7318eaaaff.png

Thank you. Could you please run scheduled task manually and look for errors in log? It could be done by the following command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/instances-auto-update.php'

If no errors will be displayed, could you please turn on debug log in panel.ini like the following:

[log]
priority = 7
show.util_exec_io = 1

And then send me debug output privately (it could contain censitive data) for investigation?

No error but that seemed to update the theme as I see no outstanding updates. How can I be sure the task is running correctly?

Do you see an available update at the moment?
Auto update task should be running every night to apply all the available updates. Before the task was started automatically you may see that some update is available.

Back