• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress Toolkit: Unable to update WordPress because WordPress version 5.2 requires PHP version 5.6

Cesar

New Pleskian
Hello,

we get this error by email: Unable to update WordPress because WordPress version 5.2 requires PHP version 5.6.20 or newer. Change PHP settings on the target domain to use a newer PHP version and run the update again.

Our system is a CentOs 6 (with php 5.3 install in the OS)

Are there any solutions? Can I configure an alternative PHP?

Thanks,

Cesar G.

Wordpress requires PHP 5.6 or higher starting with Wordpres 5.2

So you'll need to update your domain's PHP version to at least PHP 5.6 or better 7.2.
You should not use the PHP handler that comes with your OS but use the ones from the Plesk PHP repository.

How to install? See this: Installing PHP
More info on PHP handlers: How to configure PHP handlers?

Wordpress requires PHP 5.6 or higher starting with Wordpres 5.2

So you'll need to update your domain's PHP version to at least PHP 5.6 or better 7.2.
You should not use the PHP handler that comes with your OS but use the ones from the Plesk PHP repository.

How to install? See this: Installing PHP
More info on PHP handlers: How to configure PHP handlers?

I had installed, but i dont use this version for this domain. We work with cloudlinux that add a new layer to php version.

Thanks

Back