• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

wordpress update error with the last version

Camel Design

New Pleskian
Hi,

Since the last update of Wordpress Toolkit 4.8.2-3642 all my wordpress have error during update or new install content (plugin or theme).

Plesk : Plesk Obsidian v18.0.27_build1800200522.12 os_CentOS 7
PHP version use : 4.7.6 FPM apache : 128 memoty limit, 60 max execution and limit, 16 upload and post max size, max clidren 10
Wordpress version : 5.4.1

wordpress work fine everywhere exept for update and install a new content, each time when i passed by wordpress backoffice i have a 504 error on wordpress and this error on log :

- 503 - POST /wp-admin/update-core.php?action=do-translation-upgrade HTTP/1.0
- 4067#0: *10 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream
- (70007)The timeout specified has expired: AH01075: Error dispatching request to :, referer: https://mydomaine/wp-admin/update-core.php

i have try the both systeme for update: backoffice wordpress or directly in wordpress toolkit and same result in both => 504 error with this 3 error in log

Hello,
It's quite a strange thing, we did not obtain such an errors.
Let's check the following:
1. Try to revert all the apllied security measures (which can be reverted of cource) anf then try to update/install plugin/theme. check if the errors persists (check update/install both from WPToolkit and from native WordPress dashboard).
2. If the first step does not help, try to temporary detach wordpress site from WPToolkit and check again.

Could you please clarify is an issue occurs during installation of WordPress version below 5.4.1? Just to exclude an issue with this specific version.

personally I don't know i managed all wordpress with tootkit since 5 year and 0 problem, is just since the last update of tookit i have this error

We will be glad to investigate and resolve an issue in a timely manner if you will contact Plesk support.

Actually, if the update fails directly from the WordPress Dashboard, the only way the toolkit could affect that - webserver configs intended to harden your website security. If you can revert all security measures (temporary) for one of your websites and then try to update it again, that can shed light on the root cause.

so i have test :
- to revert all security mesure and same problem
- i have detach from toolkit and same problem too

and is very derouting to find the problem because the last update of plesk include the toolkit fixbug ( EXTWPTOOLK-5017) and a new version of php 7.4.6 and the new ssl 1.4.0

but i think is this update of toolkit qui broke my all wordpress install :

- toolkit 4.8.0 : It is no longer possible to disable native wp-cron on WordPress sites that use disabled or absent PHP handler. (EXTWPTOOLK-4799)

- toolkit 4.8.2 : Additional fix was added for the issue previously addressed in WPT 4.8.1: Apache rewrite rules are no longer erroneously applied to all domains in a subscription if at least one of these subscriptions had WordPress installed. (EXTWPTOOLK-5017)

i think the fix is not complete at all or he broke something

Last edited:
Issues EXTWPTOOLK-5009 and EXTWPTOOLK-5017 were very precise changes affects only we server configs intended to harden your websites. If security measures were reverted, it will not affect anything on your website.

An issue EXTWPTOOLK-4799 affects the availability of wp-cron trigger and apparently can not affect installation or update procedures.

Is I understand, there is the last thing to check: the ability to install or update WordPress on a domain with PHP < 7.4.6. But since we can not reproduce it ourself, I doubt that this is the reason.

I believe the most efficient way to deal with this issue is to gather troubleshooting and diagnostics data directly on your environment. Plesk support will provide you with all the necessary assistant if you will contact them.

yeah i know wp-cron is not the problem i have test with the function disable wp-cron in toolkit and that the same result

is more the bug in 4.8.0 who broke rewrite in apache who trouble me, right now is like wordpress distant database don't respond for my call to update anything

i have test with other version of php 7, 7.1, 7.2 and same result

and more strange toolkit continue everyday to launch all my update of all my wrodress and for some install some update pass about 30% of all update

i have make too a other test i have try to install a new plugin in a wordpress inpact by bug :
- wordpress admin => same problem 504
- toolkit => the new install plugin work but after i can't update it in both system

So is very very confusing for me because i'm not alone with this bug : [FIXED BUG] mod_rewrite stopped working. All pages on WordPress sites show 404

so today i have update for "elementor pro" and "wp email smtp" and all this update passed without problem, but translation for wordpress stay stuck and make this bug so strange

this morning after touch anything all work fine i think is a problem with distant server wordpress himself who have bug during 3 day now all is ok

Last edited:
so i have test :
- to revert all security mesure and same problem
- i have detach from toolkit and same problem too

and is very derouting to find the problem because the last update of plesk include the toolkit fixbug ( EXTWPTOOLK-5017) and a new version of php 7.4.6 and the new ssl 1.4.0

but i think is this update of toolkit qui broke my all wordpress install :

- toolkit 4.8.0 : It is no longer possible to disable native wp-cron on WordPress sites that use disabled or absent PHP handler. (EXTWPTOOLK-4799)

- toolkit 4.8.2 : Additional fix was added for the issue previously addressed in WPT 4.8.1 snaptube word to pdf vidmate : Apache rewrite rules are no longer erroneously applied to all domains in a subscription if at least one of these subscriptions had WordPress installed. (EXTWPTOOLK-5017)

i think the fix is not complete at all or he broke something
PHP version use : 4.7.6 FPM apache : 128 memoty limit, 60 max execution and limit, 16 upload and post max size, max clidren 10

Last edited:
the problem is fix in last updat of WordPress Toolkit 4.8.4 :
  • Permalinks no longer can be broken under certain circumstances when plugins or themes are updated. (EXTWPTOOLK-5118)
  • Permalinks no longer can be broken under certain circumstances when a theme is activated. (EXTWPTOOLK-5119)

Back