• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WordPress Wordfence & WordPress Toolkit

MrGRIMX

New Pleskian
Hey Guys,

I just signed up and am a newbie at plesk so bear with me. I searched around this thread and did some google research but i couldn't find anything related to the issues I am having and I upgraded my license for this specific reason from web admin to web admin pro. Since I am hosting my own websites i love the feature of WordPress Toolkit and started using the Security Feature portion of the Toolkit upon enabling all the security features in WordPress Toolkit I installed WordFence into the mix on a fresh WordPress installation with no plugins and upon trying to access the "All Options" in WordFence i get a 500 error on the server after multiple times of going back the server stops responding and get a error 521 so am wondering if i am being somewhat of an idiot of enabling these security features is blocking WordFence which am assuming this is what the case is. I also tried disabling some features as well from the security features but it didn't work so am i overthinking this by enabling certain features or just scrap the Toolkit and use WordFence completely?

I use the Security Features from the WordPress Toolkit together with WordFence without any issues. However I do have had issues in the past while having the Web Application Firewall (WAF) active in Plesk and using WordFence. Do you have WAF enabled by any chance?

If not, what's in the error log of your website when you encounter an 500 error?

I use Plesk (WAF) Mod_Security using the comodo rule set and it looks like the issue was resolved for me since i ended up switching from apache to Nginx with all toolkit security features implemented. I also tested it further last night before work and it seems one Toolkit security feature "enable bot protection" conflicts with WordFence causing the 500 error when trying to access the "All Options" menu in WordPress. Seems kind of odd and I don't know what really resolved the issue it can either be the feature was disabled or because I switched to Nginx with one of the features on " Block access to .htaccess and .htpasswd" which we all know Nginx does not use .htaccess so it might as well been that feature causing the issue as well.

All in all the issue is resolved but i don't know what was the solution hopefully if people encounter this type of situation they can at least try this method and see if it works properly or if someone else has any other suggestions. Oh and i didn't check the error log since i didn't debug WordPress while doing this and was playing around so i couldn't pinpoint it.

Back