• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Forwarded to devs WordPress's Add New (Post & Page) Pages are messed up

3antarNet

New Pleskian
This is what the pages (Add New Post & Add New Page) look like after installing a fresh new WordPress on my Windows VPS using Plesk's WordPress Installer:

QSajqtG.jpeg

It supposed to look like this:

MZhebPZ.jpeg

Versions Installed:
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63
WordPress 6.6.1
PHP 8.3.10

Hello, @3antarNet. Thank for the report. I was able to reproduce the issue and determine that the same is caused by ModSecurity and more specifically the rule with ID 942430. I have forwarded the report to our team for further investigation and I will update you as soon as I have more details. For the time being, please exclude the rule in ModSecurity's configuration and you should be able to normally add posts/pages.

Our team confirmed the reported behavior as a bug with ID EXTWPTOOLK-12255. A fix will be released in the upcoming Plesk updates. You may observe our Change log here.
The issue is caused because during "Recommended installation" the rule set configured in ModSecurity by default is "OWASP". The workaround is either excluding the rule following the instructions in my previous message or to change the rule set from Tools & Settings > Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) to "Atomic Standard".
We would like to thank you once again to bring that issue to our attention.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, @Sebahat.hadzhi! :)
Excluding the rule solved the problem. However, I'm encountering another issue that happened both before and after excluding the rule:

When I try to crop an uploaded image on the image editing page, after I select the area to crop and click "Apply Crop," I receive this error:
"Could not load the preview image. Please reload the page and try again."

Here's a video to show:

Again, this is on a fresh install, nothing has been installed like plugins or themes.

Sorry for double posting, but after I changed the rule set from Tools & Settings > Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) to "Atomic Standard" as you suggested in your last post, it actually solved the image cropping issue.

Sorry I missed that part in your post. And once again, thank you so much! :)

Thank you for the feedback. I will inform our developers for that issue as well. I am glad to hear you were able to sort it out by changing the rule set. :)

Back