• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Worst Plesk Upgrade Ever (FreeBSD 7.1.6 -> 7.5.2)

A

Alasdair

We have been using Plesk since version 2.0 and I have to say that this latest upgrade was atrocious.

Not only did it fail numerous times, but either it or the hotfix managed to reset all the file permissions in /usr/local/psa to root:wheel - not all the files were affected, just most of them. This is TERRIBLE behaviour.

And within the control panel itself, clicking on a domain displays a blank page.

Terrible.

I have submitted a scathing Plesk support request, hopefully their support droids will be able to fix this in a timely manner, but somehow I doubt it.

I learned from the last time we did a plesk update ... whenever they announce a new version, do NOT upgrade to it and wait for the update for the update.
They seem to think plesk is used by people who don't care if their servers fail after an update and sites go down for hours or days. For the amount of money they bring in, you figure they could afford to get a few different servers from different datacenters and test these updates on themselves first.
I'm really getting sick and tired of these numerous buggy updates.

SW-SOFT: Your quality control sucks, take the time to test your updates before releasing them. I don't think anyone here would mind waiting a few extra days to ensure you release a stable update.

The problem is it isn't possible to test Plesk in every possible environment, only production can do that. It is how they react to bugs that is more important to me, CPanel deny that some bugs exist and don't fix others for ages, Plesk release frequent fixes until the release is stable. If you don't want the bugs stick with 7.1.6 for now and wait up for 7.5.6, otherwise go ahead with the first release for your OS and break things.

Back