• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WP Toolkit Deluxe Upgrade Path from Smart Updates

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 (Stone Smilodon)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.50 Update #1
I have a subscription to Smart Updates, how would I convert that to a WP Toolkit Deluxe subscription? Do I cancel the initial subscription and then purchase the Deluxe version? And will that mess up any of my clients Smart Update settings?

Hi @FutureX, sorry for the delay. I am trying to either find it out for you or someone who perfectly knows how this works will post here shortly.

Hi again, a direct upgrade from one license to the other is not possible. Please proceed to first buy the WP Toolkit Deluxe license. Right after that you can cancel the SmartUpdate license. There will be no interruptions. Site configurations will be maintained as they are.

I did the upgrade to WP Tool Kit Deluxe but there was a quick message that said something like "failed to download...." I couldn't read it all. When I try to install the WP Toolkit Deluxe extension again it says the license has been installed. But when I check License Information it does not show up even after clicking Retrieve Keys. Is that normal? How do you know for sure that Deluxe is installed?

PHP updates is available, Smart Update is available but the previous Smart Update subscription is basically still effect even though I cancelled the subscription.

If Smart PHP Updates is available, the license is working correctly. I must admit that I do not get the question on the cancelled subscription. If it's cancelled, could you please describe what the remaining issue is?

The next billing date for the original Smart Update subscription would have been about Feb 23 so even though I canceled it, it's still active until that time so I wouldn't be able to tell if the Smart Update feature was coming from the original Smart Update subscription or the new Deluxe subscription.

So there is no real issue except to verify that Deluxe is indeed installed and functioning which we have done.

Thanks for the info!

Back