• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WP Toolkit Times Out

GGCoffee

New Pleskian
‪CentOS 6.10 (Final)‬ | Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #35 | WordPress Toolkit Version: 3.5.3-1312

I'm having the wordpress toolkit timeout when i click it from the sidebar. If I uninstall it and reinstall it without it having any sites scanned it works. Once I have it scan for all WP instances (~300) then it starts timing out again (503). Is anyone else having this issue? It seems to have started in the last month or so.

Performing plugin updates is so useful with the toolkit, hoping I can get this resolved.

Last edited:
I think that researching this unusual situation requires access to your server. Therefore, I recommend that you contact Plesk technical support. This will be the most effective way to solve the problem.

If the scan times out, one ore more of the Wordpress websites are infected with a malware. You can check the server's process list to see ongoing WP toolkit update/scan processes which reside in the list forever and normally use 99.9% of cpu time. By the domain names mentioned in the process commands, you may be able to quickly identify the infected sites. Else probably only a step-by-step check of the sites will help. You will normally find unusual modifications in wp-config.php or files with cryptic names like
dg3980acioxy.php
in the document root directory of infected installations. For reasons that I have never figured out, WP toolkit cannot scan such installations and does not end the scan process either.

Due to the holidays I was out of the office till today. I have checked up on CPU usage times and nothing appears out of the ordinary on my server lucky.

To clarify the WP toolkit instance scan is not having an issue detecting all the sites (330+). After scanning for all instances is completed, going to the wordpress toolkit menu on the left sidetoolbar directs me to the following url

https://SERVERUL:8443/modules/wp-toolkit/index.php/index/index?context=extNavButton_wp-toolkit_1

This is the page that never loads and times out.

I can manually navigate to the plugin list page (https://SERVERUL:8443/modules/wp-toolkit/index.php/index/plugins-list) directly and while it takes a while to fully load I have not received a timeout so far. I can perform the necessary plugin updates using this workaround for now.

I have also encountered a noticeable increase in URL target lookup time when using the WP Toolkit instance clone option as well.

Back