• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

wrong entry in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

danliker

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
i have a domain with one alias domain.

for the domain "Activate mail service on domain" is not checked.
in the domain alias i see "Mail service is switched off for the domain. mail.xxx.ch., xxx2.xxx.ch. used as mail server."

but in the /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts the domain alias is listed, what gives problems.

is this a bug, is there a workaround for this ?

I have tried to reproduce it and I see that it shoul be removed from rcpthosts. Try following steps:

# grep vzalerts.net /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
vzalerts.net

# /usr/local/psa/bin/mail --off vzalerts.net

SUCCESS: Turning mail service for domain 'vzalerts.net' on/off complete.

# grep vzalerts.net /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
#

I hope it will help.

yes that works, thanks !

it is very good to see you here in this forum IgorG, but it is frustrating that now the forum is faster and better then the expensive payed support !

yes that works, thanks !

it is very good to see you here in this forum IgorG, but it is frustrating that now the forum is faster and better then the expensive payed support !

Thank you for your kind words :)
I will be here and I will try to help you always, but note, that I need your feedback about all solutions and workarounds provided from my side.

Back