• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Wrong Permissions after Migration

Steven23F

New Pleskian
Hey!

I had a old virtual Server with Ubuntu+Plesk12. I build a new dedicated Server with CentOS6+Plesk12 and migrate all Domains. Now i have a strange problem:

When i upload a file with FTP-User "user1", the file has the permissions Group=psacln & Owner=user1. All is fine, i can see and edit this file in a FTP-Program. But when my website create a file (cache html files or installed plugin folders in wordpress), i can´t see, can´t edit and can´t download this files. When i login to plesk with the admin account, i can see and edit this files. They have also Group=psacln & Owner=user1 and i can give them 0666 rights but when i login with FTP-User "user1" with my FTP-Program, i didn´t see that files?!

Do you have a sollution for me?

Hint: The former user from your Ubuntu - System isn't in the group psacln after your migration, that's why user1 hasn't got sufficient rights.

I think in Centos it's "/usr/sbin/usermod -G psacln user1" to add user1 to the group psacln.

That doesn´t work... the strange thing is, that i´m in the group and i´m the owner of that file but i can´t see or edit it.

Back