• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Wrong Permissions after Migration

Steven23F

New Pleskian
Hey!

I had a old virtual Server with Ubuntu+Plesk12. I build a new dedicated Server with CentOS6+Plesk12 and migrate all Domains. Now i have a strange problem:

When i upload a file with FTP-User "user1", the file has the permissions Group=psacln & Owner=user1. All is fine, i can see and edit this file in a FTP-Program. But when my website create a file (cache html files or installed plugin folders in wordpress), i can´t see, can´t edit and can´t download this files. When i login to plesk with the admin account, i can see and edit this files. They have also Group=psacln & Owner=user1 and i can give them 0666 rights but when i login with FTP-User "user1" with my FTP-Program, i didn´t see that files?!

Do you have a sollution for me?

Hint: The former user from your Ubuntu - System isn't in the group psacln after your migration, that's why user1 hasn't got sufficient rights.

I think in Centos it's "/usr/sbin/usermod -G psacln user1" to add user1 to the group psacln.

That doesn´t work... the strange thing is, that i´m in the group and i´m the owner of that file but i can´t see or edit it.

Back