• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter

M

M_From_H

Hi Forum,

I tried to migrate 6 domains from a Linux-Server with Plesk 8.6 to a Linux-Server with Plesk 9.3. Everything seemed to work fine for about one hour. Then, Plesk told me, that errors occured. Here is a part of the XML error file:
- <object name="mydomain.de" type="domain">
- <message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context>
<file>ExecCmd.cpp</file>
<line>49</line>
<text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domadmin.php --update mydomain.de -passwd -multiple-sessions false -status false -manage_not_chroot_shell false -manage_sh_access false -manage_spamfilter true -manage_webstat true -locale locale failed with return code 1. Stderr is Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter</text>
</message>
- <message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<file>ExecCmd.cpp</file>
<line>49</line>
<text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domadmin.php --update mydomain.de -locale locale failed with return code 1. Stderr is Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter</text>
</message>
</object>
Any suggestions on this issue would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support.
--
BFN
Michael

This migration error is caused by the license limitation on the destination server - it does not support additional languages. You may install license with multi-language support on the destination server and retry migration.

IgorG,

thank you for your reply.

The maximum of language-packages is the same on both servers: 2

Small correction to my first posting: Plesk version on old server is 8.4. Could this influence the migration? I remember, that I read somewhere, that the Plesk version on the source computer should be the less 8.6.

--
BFN
Michael

OK, the reason is not the version and not the number of language packages.

But what could be the reason?

ERROR:

CAUSE:
For example, there is less locales supported on the license then installed on the server and the locale of teh object is not en_US.

# /usr/local/psa/bin/keyinfo -l | grep MLS
MLS: 1

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "select count(*) from locales"
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 10 |
+----------+

RESOLUTION:
1) Switch client\domain\reseller to en_US locale
2) Upload trial license for the time of migration with unlimited features
3) Purchase key with MLS >= "select count(*) from locales"

Your assumption was correct:

old:~ # /usr/local/psa/bin/keyinfo -l | grep MLS
old:~ # mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "select count(*) from locales"
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 9 |
+----------+

new:~ # /usr/local/psa/bin/keyinfo -l | grep MLS
new:~ # mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "select count(*) from locales"
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 2 |
+----------+

> 2) Upload trial license for the time of migration with unlimited features
Where can I get this trail license?

I switched client\domain\reseller to en_US, deleted anything from last migration and restarted.

After 3,5 hours (yesterday: 1 hour), migration terminated with
<object name="yourdomain.de" type="domain">

<message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<file>ExecCmd.cpp</file>
<line>49</line>

<text>
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/maillist.php --update-service yourdomain.de -status enabled failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Mailing list support is not installed or not properly configured.
</text>
</message>
</object>
As we don't use mailing lists, I ignored this error. To test the new server, I tried to add a domain as alias for one of the existing, migrated domains. Plesk says
Error: DNS record already exists.
When I add the same domain name as a new domain, everything works fine. I tried
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Dpsa -e"select * FROM dns_recs WHERE DisplayHost LIKE '%my_new_domain.tld%';"
without result.

Any suggestions on this issue?

Most probably there is some record in domainaliases or dns_zone table.

ERROR:

CAUSE:
For example, there is less locales supported on the license then installed on the server and the locale of teh object is not en_US.

RESOLUTION:
1) Switch client\domain\reseller to en_US locale
2) Upload trial license for the time of migration with unlimited features
3) Purchase key with MLS >= "select count(*) from locales"

I have same error, but:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/keyinfo -l | grep MLS
MLS: 99

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "select count(*) from locales"
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 2 |
+----------+

Where problem can be?

I'm trying to migrate from 9.5.3 to 9.5.4, OS Debian 5 64bit on the both machines....

exact error in log:
</text></message></object></object><object name="XXXXX" type="client"><object name="XXXXX" type="domain"><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domadmin.php --update XXXXX -passwd -multiple-sessions false -status false -allow_ftp_backups false -manage_not_chroot_shell false -locale locale failed with return code 1.
Stderr is

</text>
where actual names replaced by XXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
​The solution is to set up Plesk key with necessary number of language packs, which should be equal to "select count(*) from locales".

​The solution is to set up Plesk key with necessary number of language packs, which should be equal to "select count(*) from locales".

I have 3 license keys, with limit to 100 language packs. If I need to migrate some resource between them - I need to buy another license, with limitation to exactly 2 language packs, and this is just because of some internal mislogic/error of Plesk?????

Back