• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

WS_FTP Access to files above domain

DennyP

Basic Pleskian
I am trying to use WS_FTP to access files above the domain level of the admin user for a domain.

I own the server and have root access through su, but I use WS_FTP to access files outside of the one domain on the server.

The admin user of the domain cannot access files above the domain - this is a good thing in normal situation.

But how do I set up an FTP user that can access files above the domain level?

(I would also like to use the Plesk File Manager to access files/directories above the domain level.)

Huh, in domain hosting setup there is an option 'Shell access to server with FTP user's credentials'. According to the manual, it allows a site owner to upload content to the server through a Secure Socket Shell connection, however allowing shell access also poses a potential threat to the server security...

I'm not sure what "Huh" means in the reply.

I am able to connect via SSH via my site owner login and issue commands with no problems. But I couldn't use an FTP program like WS_FTP Pro to access files above the vhost/mydomain.com folder using the site owner login.

However by adding AllowUser admin to /etc/proftpd.include I now can do so.

Back