• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

www-alias

UweP

Regular Pleskian
Hi :)

How do I set an www-alias for one of my domains? In Plesk 9.x I think I was able to click some checkbox for www-alias of a domain. How can I achieve that with Plesk 10.2? Or am I wrong and that didn't work with Plesk9.x? But if, how can I do it with Plesk 10.2?

Thanks, Uwe

www prefix will be added for each new domain in Plesk 10.x. Corresponding DNS record will be added by default.

well it didn't work. I added the CNAME entry but still it doesnt work. (google chrome cached my website so it looked like it worked)

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain DOMAIN.TLD did it I think.

www prefix will be added for each new domain in Plesk 10.x. Corresponding DNS record will be added by default.

In previous versions of Plesk there always was a tickbox that needed to be ticked to include the www. prefix, but I don't see that anywhere in Plesk 10. If I understand Igor correctly this is no longer an option?

1) so in the (granted, unlikely) situation that you'd want different content between domain.com and www.domain.com, how can you do that from the GUI now?

2) I found this tread because a website we just created came up missing the www. prefix. How is that possible?

What a hacky method. Why not just use

# /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u domain.com -www true

Last edited:
Back