• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WWW prefix problem

L

Le-MinhP

I don't exactly know how to shortly summarize this problem, so forgive me if the Title is too generic.

I have a managed server (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS + Plesk 10.4.4) were I host 3 domains. The Domain madgyver.de were you can find my homepage, can now only be reached if you add the www preifx to it.
EDIT:
To clarify, if I type www.madgyver.de, everything works fine. If I try madgyver.de, a plesk default page shows up.

This problem occured right after the renewal date expired (I set it to in unlimited for now). Also at around the same time we upgraded plesk from 10.0 to 10.4.4 to get rid of some security risks which were being systematically exploited.

What wonders me is that the other domains don't suffer from this.

Also if you try to reach the index.php (i.e. madgyver.de/index.php) it works fine, preifx or no prefix. Is this to be expected?

Does anyonw now how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I feel stupid. Tried to "fix" this for 2 days. Should haved tried that first.

Thanks man

Back