• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

XandMail

AandCmedia

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I've installed XandMail through Cpanel, I check off that I want it as a webmail client, and it install successfully on my domain. For some reason when I try and login in with one of my mail accounts it just sticks on authentication in process. I go into the Plesk panel and make sure that it is registered as an webmail service. For some reason it just won't work though? I've tried multiple accounts on the domain it is installed and none of them seem to work.

Check your logs. It could well be a simple issue - but without having a look in the logs it might be difficult to diagnose.

Alright checked the logs:

2011-10-14T16:39:43-04:00 ERR (3): Exception:
2011-10-14T16:39:43-04:00 ERR (3): Script execution failed:
2011-10-14T16:39:43-04:00 ERR (3): Exception:
2011-10-14T16:39:43-04:00 ERR (3): Script execution failed:
2011-10-14T16:39:44-04:00 ERR (3): Installation of AfterLogic WebMail Pro at http://mydomain.com//webmail failed. Non-zero exit status returned by script.

I was hoping for something a bit more informative :-(

This is not your fault of course. I was just hoping for something nice and obvious, rather than cyptic.

Was that from /var/log/messages (or your OS'es equivalent)?

This log entry looks to me to be saying that the script install failed. But from what you described it has installed -- it just isn't doing anything after a certain point when you try to login.

I'd be looking in the main apache log for the domain in question and, failing that, in the main httpd log.

Sorry for not seeing your post earlier.

Here are some ideas which might help someone else even if it is too late for you.

After installing in the panel, you should check your installation log (installation.log file located at the root of the installation). There is also the Installation Guide which you can read while you install. Both of them provide instructions for finishing the installation.

What is missing in your installation is the declaration of the site in the Apache server, both for the server to know to execute the binaries in the cgi-bin directory, and to provide security on the other directories of your site.

Telling the server to execute the binaries in the cgi-bin directory failed because of a Plesk Panel bug which was fixed in an update last week. However, adding security to the installation still needs to be done manually by the administrator.

The instructions for adding these security instructions to the Apache server are given in both the installation log and the Installation Guide.

In the most recent 'XandMailWeb2cs V4 for Plesk Panel' package available in the APS catalog, those instructions are now provided in an installation instructions page shown the first time you access the login page. This way, even if you have not read the Installation Guide or the installation log file, you will get this information and not get stuck not knowing what to do.

XandMail Technical Support

I am having the same problem on Plesk 10.4.4 I followed the instructions (copied the vhost file to /var/www/vhosts/<domain>.com/conf/vhost.conf and ran /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all) and I still get authentication failure. What am I missing?

Back