• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

your experiences with Plesk, is it good?

JohanSki

Basic Pleskian
Helly guys,

I was wondering... what are your experiences (in general) with Plesk?

I am thinking of changing from cPanel to Plesk.

Is plesk easy to use, or is it complicated? Is there a learning curve? Do you often experience problems/bugs, or does everything work as it should?

If you could give a grade to Plesk as a control panel, what would it be from 1 to 10?

Thank you for replying!

Thanks for taking the time to reply Graphrix! Can you tell me what kind of problems? Did you ever had serious problems which caused your websites to stop working for example?

In general I would like to know if Plesk is a stable solution for managing my websites. Is it?

Any other users who would like to reply? I would appreciate it...

Last edited:
Plesk does have its issues from time to time, but normally relates to upgrades. If you upgrade versions it can and often does cause issues. I always try to do a clean install and migrate subscriptions to new server. The new Plesk12 version has some great security features cPanel can't match yet, here is a link to features http://www.conetix.com.au/blog/plesk-12-overview-new-security-features . All in all, the latest versions of Plesk from 10 to 11.5 and now 12 have been huge leaps in features and less issues. I have used cPanel yet prefer Plesk for simplicity and now functionality with version 12.

Back