• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Yum excludes, plesk 11.5.

Not really. It dates back to 2008.

There's no need to exclude anything and at any rate excluding kernel updates is a bad thing.
I think this KB was trying to be helpful at the time, when people were having problems if they had sendmail/bind-chroot and caching-nameserver installed before installing Plesk. These days it removes any conflicting packages (or at least it normally does!) during installation.

There was a report in another very recent thread about a problem with bind-chroot but I don't think that's quite relevant to your situation.

The bottom line is that if you have Plesk installed already on a Centos/Fedora/Redhat type system and it works fine, running "yum update" is pretty much REQUIRED. If you do not, your OS may never be properly updated and your system may become vulnerable.

Be very careful when you do a yum update, however. Don't do it blindly. Look to see what would be updated and check that it makes sense. It is "dangerous" in that at times you might install some update that doesn't go down well with Plesk (due to some unexpected change) or with your system in general. So keep an eye on the forums, look out for bug reports. And check that you aren't updating too far -- for example, plesk might officially support Centos 6.X, but when 6.Y comes out and you "yum update" to the equivalent of 6.Y you may find something no longer works. This is very, very rare with Centos/Redhat, but it does happen. And this is why some care needs to be taken - don't rush to update something unless there's a security issue in which case you generally need to get whatever package it might be updated immediately!

WARNING: Please be careful. Do some more research. Wait until someone else replies to this thread confirming or correcting my post before you do or don't do something, OK?

ArtemF, if you need some reassurance, I can confirm that Faris Raouf is pretty much correct on every point. This KB is old and outdated, however you should watch your system updates closely to ensure smooth work of your machines.

Back