• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

yum repositories

jukar

New Pleskian
In the last upgrade of Plesk (10.09 to 11.5) I got proFTP from Atomic-turtle, and I don't know why.
Because of that I need to know which repositories must be in yum repositiories and where and how can I modify data about repositiories.

Thanks

Yeah, apparently Atomic still does that. They provide alternative version of psa-proftpd package for some reason, as well as some others. However I think I never saw malfunctions caused by this. Plesk usually works with Atomic quite well.

Since 11.5 it should be perfectly fine to use almost any third-party repository, as long as they provide packages with valid dependencies. Usually Plesk installation or upgrade won't start if this is not the case. However the safest way is to use only OS vendor repositories. The most popular third-party repositories that are used with Plesk on CentOS are Atomic and Remi.

Repositories are usually configured in /etc/yum.repos.d .

The atomic proftpd RPM adds clamav file upload scanning (but this is not automatic if you don't use ASL), and corrects an issue in an earlier release of the Parallels proftpd. There is no issue with the current Parallels proftpd.

Back