• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Yum repository 'base' is absent or not enabled, installation may fail.

G

GopalakrishnanS

Hi

I am trying to install Plesk latest 10.X in RHEL 6.2 64 bit machine. RHN registered, and done yum update. But while executing one click installer script, the installation aborted with the below sequence of error message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Repository PSA_10_4_4-dist is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository PSA_10_4_4-thirdparty is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository SITEBUILDER_10_4_4-dist is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository SITEBUILDER_10_4_4-thirdparty is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository PPB_10_4_4-dist is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository PPB_10_4_4-thirdparty is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository rhel-source is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository rhel-source-beta is listed more than once in the configuration
WARNING: Yum repository 'base' is absent or not enabled, installation may fail.
WARNING: Yum repository 'updates' is absent or not enabled, installation may fail.
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
php-mbstring-5.3.3-3.el6_2.5.x86_64 requires php-common = 5.3.3-3.el6_2.5
php-imap-5.3.3-3.el6_2.5.x86_64 requires php-common = 5.3.3-3.el6_2.5

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure the rhel server is registered and yum update working properly, I believe problem seems to be yum repository configuration missing for base and updates repositories. I googled this error, but no fruitful solution. Kindly suggest a solution. Logs/config file will be provided if needed.

Regards
Gopal

any update on this post .... No reply for past one week from users....

I am working with Support on an install failure for RHEL 6.2 they state that 6.2 is not supported, to use 6.1. So I installed 6.1, did a yum update and then attempted install again, same error. I had support remote into my server, and they are telling me I am running 6.2 x64. The only thing I can imagine is a yum update on 6.1 upgrades to 6.2. I still have my ticket open, asking if I can not patch the OS with yum update? waiting to hear back.

Any updates for this problem?

I've read the Software Requirements, and it's says that RHEL 6.2 already supported. but i still have the same problem in the installation.

Thank you.
Regards,
Rozaq

I am having the same issue

Hi,

Im having the same issue trying to install plesk 11 on redhat 6.3 (On an EC2 machine on Amazon)
Here is my error:
==============================================================
WARNING: Yum repository 'base' is absent or not enabled, installation may fail.
WARNING: Yum repository 'updates' is absent or not enabled, installation may fail.
WARNING: Third-party Yum repository 'rhui-ap-southeast-1-rhel-server-releases' is enabled, installation may fail.
WARNING: Third-party Yum repository 'rhui-ap-southeast-1-client-config-server-6' is enabled, installation may fail.
WARNING: Third-party Yum repository 'rhui-ap-southeast-1-rhel-server-releases-optional' is enabled, installation may fail.

Since you use one or more 3rd-party repos (say, atomic), be careful when installing different package versions from different repos as this may lead to installation failures. For example, you may encounter a problem if you first install PHP from a 3rd-party repo and then upgrade it using the Parallels repo. To avoid such situations, install and upgdare packages from the same repo.

301 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
==============================================================

Can we get a resolution please?

[EDIT: I have just seen redhat 6.3 is not support yet...]

Last edited by a moderator:
After struggling with similar issue for a few weeks on 2 different servers with Plesk 10.4 and Plesk 11 we've ended up with manually enabling "base" and "updates" repos in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
Just to point this out, we had these repos attached automatically from rhnplugin (and Plesk installer recognizes that when saying that some repo is listed more than once) but fails to work with them somehow. Also we do have servers where the same configuration works.

Back