• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

deeken2000

New Pleskian
ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Exception
No entry is registered for key 'translate' (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$Qv...', Array) #1 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /opt/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /opt/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Mode.php(439): get_param('disable_provisi...') #8 /opt/psa/admin (Abstract.php:144)

Have you tried to use phrase "Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory" for KB search? There are several related articles. Have you tried apply solutions? Any results?

ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Exception

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$Qv...', Array) #1 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /opt/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /opt/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Mode.php(439): get_param('disable_provisi...') #8 /opt/psa/admin (Abstract.php:144)

@deeken2000

Can you access Plesk Panel, or is this just the error notification when trying to access Plesk Panel?

In which context do you get this error notification? Please be more specific.

Regards....

i have the same issue and not any solution worked for me. what to do?
my mysql log has no any useful entry..

- Is MySQL/MariaDB installed?
- Is the service active? (# service mysql status, # service mysqld status, # service mariadb status)
- Have you tried # plesk repair installation ?

@amirb322

i have the same issue and not any solution worked for me. what to do?
my mysql log has no any useful entry..

First, have a look at the status of MySQL server: run the command service mysql status

If it is dead (not running), try to start it first and report what is given in your mysql logs.

If mysql is running, make sure that your /etc/mysql/my.cnf file contains:

[mysqld]
bind-address = 127.0.0.1

and if that is not the case, run the commands: service mysql stop and service mysql start

Just let us know what happens or what your findings are!

Regards.........

- Is MySQL/MariaDB installed?
- Is the service active? (# service mysql status, # service mysqld status, # service mariadb status)
- Have you tried # plesk repair installation ?
mysql are installed correctly
and now, started successfully and my website working correctly, but my plesk still down and this error has be shown:
"

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$kc...', Array) #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Mode.php(4 (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles"
about df and free space, everything is O.K.

and about df -i ? Linux can create only a given number of files (inodes). If you have a large number of small files in tmp for example, mysql can be blocked by this.

did you have access to plesk database ? If i remember there is a way to access it by command line. In this case, can you search if there is a broken table ?

# plesk repair db -y
should fix all issues with the database - if the database is online.

Are we talking about a Plesk version 12.5 or newer?
In this case you can try:
# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
If that goes through without errors followed by
# plesk repair installation

Could you please contact official Plesk support on this? I don't think that we will be able to solve it here. If "plesk repair db" is finishing without error, it is not possible that other Plesk functions cannot use the database. Someone needs to have a look at the real situation on the server.

i think my plesk version is older than 12.5

@amirb322,

Try to find out your version of plesk, it should be the command plesk -v on newer systems and on older systems you should be able to deduce the version from the ~/parallels directory, in which a directory should be existing with a name that contains a hint to the version of your Plesk system.

I am pretty sure that a reset or adjustment of the Plesk database or admin password would help to get you to the next level of steps to repair your installation.

Please provide us with some adequate information, in order to allow us to help you a bit better.

Kind regards.......

If the user has the repair tool, it must be Plesk 12.5 or newer. If the repair tool finishes the database repair without error, it is not possible that for the repair tool access to the database works while it does not work for the panel. The database is either accessible or is not accessible. The user is missing information or not doing the suggested tests correctly. That's why I think that hands-on official support is the only way to go.

If the user has the repair tool, it must be Plesk 12.5 or newer. If the repair tool finishes the database repair without error, it is not possible that for the repair tool access to the database works while it does not work for the panel. The database is either accessible or is not accessible. The user is missing information or not doing the suggested tests correctly. That's why I think that hands-on official support is the only way to go.

@Peter Debik

The issue at hand can be a symptom of a problem with the admin password: just resetting the password helps.

The repair utility does not work as expected.

Furthermore, changing the password is a tiny bit different accros (on the one hand) Plesk version 12.5.x and (on the other hand) Plesk versions 17.x.x.

But to be honest, at this moment we are not sure what actually is happening or what is the actual root cause of the problem: we cannot eliminate a number of explanations, as long as the thread starter does not provide sufficient information.

Regards.......

Try to find out your version of plesk
plesk version are "17.0.17 update #53"
I am pretty sure that a reset or adjustment of the Plesk database or admin password would help to get you to the next level of steps to repair your installation.
what am i to do?
Please provide us with some adequate information, in order to allow us to help you a bit better.
what is the "adequate" information?

Back