• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception / Unable to start MYSQL

There can be several reasons,

MySQL upgraded, Admin password etc..

Try at your own risk,

#mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.password`

Its better to get a full database backup before running this.

I actually tried to restore a backup of my base system 'mysql' from daily-dumps and preupgrade-dumps, but even the oldest backup contains this error (only a few tables on the set it should contain) .
I had to have this problem for a long time without noticing it ...

a 'plesk repair db' tells me that everything is OK.
a 'plesk repair mysql' just tells me that the 'mysql.user' table does not exist.

I search, I can not find a solution to recreate this base ...

So, I wonder if the solution would not be to recreate a new server and make a migration?

Please bear with me if I am wrong or if I do not have the full overview of this thread. From what I understand the current situation is a missing user table. I think, too, that the best option is a restore from a backup.

For some options like Horde, Roundcube the user table must be present. So if the Plesk installation was operational before, it is not thinkable that the table was missing before.

However, if a restore is not an option for you, you could try to create an empty user table and populate it with suitable values.

If the service is not running, I suggest to start the service with the "skip-grant-tables" option. Once it is running and you can basically reach the MySQL console (is that the case?) try to create an empty user table with this statement:

Code:
CREATE TABLE `user` (
  `Host` char(60) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `User` char(80) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `Password` char(41) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `Select_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Insert_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Update_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Delete_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Create_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Drop_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Reload_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Shutdown_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Process_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `File_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Grant_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `References_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Index_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Alter_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Show_db_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Super_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Create_tmp_table_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Lock_tables_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Execute_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Repl_slave_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Repl_client_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Create_view_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Show_view_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Create_routine_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Alter_routine_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Create_user_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Event_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Trigger_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `Create_tablespace_priv` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `ssl_type` enum('','ANY','X509','SPECIFIED') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `ssl_cipher` blob NOT NULL,
  `x509_issuer` blob NOT NULL,
  `x509_subject` blob NOT NULL,
  `max_questions` int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `max_updates` int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `max_connections` int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `max_user_connections` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `plugin` char(64) CHARACTER SET latin1 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `authentication_string` text COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  `password_expired` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `is_role` enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N',
  `default_role` char(80) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `max_statement_time` decimal(12,6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.000000'
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin COMMENT='Users and global privileges';

Afterwards, try to start the service without skip-grant-tables, because now it has a user table that it can refer to. If this works, restart the service with skip-grant-tables (because there is no "admin" user yet to login and you need to login to create some datasets in the next step). Then you can try to populate the table with values like

Code:
INSERT INTO `user` (`Host`, `User`, `Password`, `Select_priv`, `Insert_priv`, `Update_priv`, `Delete_priv`, `Create_priv`, `Drop_priv`, `Reload_priv`, `Shutdown_priv`, `Process_priv`, `File_priv`, `Grant_priv`, `References_priv`, `Index_priv`, `Alter_priv`, `Show_db_priv`, `Super_priv`, `Create_tmp_table_priv`, `Lock_tables_priv`, `Execute_priv`, `Repl_slave_priv`, `Repl_client_priv`, `Create_view_priv`, `Show_view_priv`, `Create_routine_priv`, `Alter_routine_priv`, `Create_user_priv`, `Event_priv`, `Trigger_priv`, `Create_tablespace_priv`, `ssl_type`, `ssl_cipher`, `x509_issuer`, `x509_subject`, `max_questions`, `max_updates`, `max_connections`, `max_user_connections`, `plugin`, `authentication_string`, `password_expired`, `is_role`, `default_role`, `max_statement_time`) VALUES
('localhost', 'apsc', '*ABCDEFGHIJKL', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', '', 'N', 'N', '', '0.000000'),
('localhost', 'admin', '*ABCDEFGHIJKL', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', '', 'N', 'N', '', '0.000000'),
('localhost', 'pma_VHKsZvYi0rvn', '*ABCDEFGHIJKL', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', '', 'N', 'N', '', '0.000000');
COMMIT;

Instead of the *ABCDEFGHIJKL placeholder password, you need to enter an MD5 encrypted string of the real password.

Actually impossible for me to restore a backup.
I redid a new server to compare with the existing:
on the new here is the table:
upload_2019-5-22_9-42-48.png
and on mine I only have that:
upload_2019-5-22_9-43-37.png
it makes a lot of tables to recreate

and so today the only way to launch the mysql is actually to add the skip-grant-tables

Back