• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

zend_mm_heap corrupted with PHP 7.4 and ionCube 10.4.2

H9k

Regular Pleskian
Username: H9k

TITLE

zend_mm_heap corrupted with PHP 7.4 and ionCube 10.4.2

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 18.0.30 Update #2, Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS, x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When running WHMCS v8 with PHP 7.4, I get `zend_mm_heap corrupted` errors.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Install WHMCS v8 and make it run with PHP 7.4

ACTUAL RESULT

Should work normally.

EXPECTED RESULT

If I manually replace the ioncube loader /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so with the newer version 10.4.4, everything works perfectly.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

We do not support the work of third-party applications with PHP shipped by Plesk. In addition, we do not recommend installing third-party software on the server where Plesk is already running, as the consequences may be unpredictable. Therefore, this cannot be considered a bug.

@IgorG I'm having exactly the same problem with WHMCS and PHP 7.4, which Plesk ships with ionCube 10.4.2. This is too old. We need at least 10.4.3, or better the latest available, 10.4.4
I agree that this should not be called a bug, and yes it's third party - the question is, why does Plesk still ship an older version when younger is available? And it would be so easy - go to Loader Download - PHP Encoder, protection, installer and performance tools from ionCube and download "Linux 64 bits", unpack it and the precompiled ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so is right there. Please do this, or I fear that next time PHP 7.4 gets updated by Plesk to the next version of PHP, it may overwrite the ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so?

Hi @IgorG would be very glad to get a reply / an ETA for ionCube 10.4.4.
PHP 7.4.12 was released yesterday (29. October), so it would be a good opportunity to also update the ionCube loader.

Well, this is not a bug in Plesk itself, but in a third party product that Plesk ships.
Last night PHP 7.4 got updated to 7.4.12 and my WHMCS websites went down until I manually updated the ionCube loader again.
we do not recommend installing third-party software on the server where Plesk is already running, as the consequences may be unpredictable
If I don't replace the ionCube loader that gets shipped with Plesk, my websites will not work at all, so I'd rather live with the unpredictable consequences of replacing the ionCube loader myself until Plesk ships the fixed version.

I also just had to copy across the newer ioncube loader, after the Plesk update to PHP 7.4.12 overwrote it. This is annoying and unneccesary (not to mention what happens to websites in production). Come on Plesk Team, you'll get a lot of mileage for very few bucks if you do this ;)

I have an issue with PHP 7.4 and WHMCS 8. After change from 7.3 to 7.4 i get this Errors:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

Logs:
AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI headerApache error
104)Connection reset by peer: AH01075: Error dispatching request to :

Can someone help me? Is that an issue with ionCube loader?

Yes, this finally has been fixed with the November 30 update.
ioncube loaders version 10.4.5 are now shipped with PHP 7.4 and all is fine, finally.

Back