• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.1.1 Horde fatal error - help!

O

optikhog

This morning I upgraded our server from Plesk 9.5.2 to 10.1.1 and all went fine with the exception of Horde. At first, I was experiening a '500' error which, when viewed from the server, turned out to be a permissions issue for the Horde web directory (in my case, D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail).

I set those permissions appropriately and am now receiving the error:

Warning: Wrong parameter count for class_exists() in D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\Log.php on line 142

Warning: Wrong parameter count for class_exists() in D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\Log.php on line 147

A fatal error has occurred
An error has occurred. Furthermore, Horde encountered an error attempting to log this error. Please check your Horde logging configuration in horde/config/conf.php.

I've spent all day trying to fix permissions in any place I can find but I just don't see anything wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Strange. This bug was fixed since Plesk v10.0.0_build20100831.19.
As possible workaround try to switch horde webmail off/on (recreate Horde site) - see that Horde works.

Apparently not. I have already tried every step I could find in the forums - I have disabled/re-enabled Horde several times as well as run this command maybe 10 times:

cd %plesk_bin%
websrvmng --reconfigure-webmail

Note that I have also set permissions to be wide open on the /tmp and /tmp/horde directories on the C: drive of our server where the logging seems to want to happen. I have also tried changing the logging directory to D:\horde with permissions wide open with no effect.

I'm at a loss at this point. Any idea how to fix this? Is there something broken in the config file(s)?

I already have, several times. Both via the GUI and from the command line.

Are you sure that you have 10.1.1 version correctly installed?

Is there a way to install it incorrectly? I used your installer and it reported no errors. We have not seen any other issues since the upgrade.

Any ideas? Horde is still dead here. Are there any tips I can use from the fix you mentioned above?

So should we assume that there is a problem with Plesk 10.1.1? Is there a plan to fix this problem? Hello?

I have the same issue, ive create another thread but didn't see this one.

i would say that this is a bug as there are too many people with the same issue

i would say that this is a bug as there are too many people with the same issue

Agreed. I started with the same 500 error you reported and ended up with this after fixing permissions. Did you do the same?

no, i simply did an upgrade from 9.5.2 and after i started getting this error. Ive tried googling the error but there isn't anything useful.

the only thing ive noticed in the event viewer when going to webmail is

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in php-cgi.exe [6016]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be started because no user is logged on.

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.

no, i simply did an upgrade from 9.5.2 and after i started getting this error. Ive tried googling the error but there isn't anything useful.

the only thing ive noticed in the event viewer when going to webmail is

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in php-cgi.exe [6016]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be started because no user is logged on.

Same here.

Nope, we don't have the budget for any of the alternatives which work with mailenable standard.

the only thing that could be tried is a manual install of a pop3 web based mail client but i have a feeling we would have the same php issue.

Ive asked my customers to use pop3 access for the moment

Sounds like the update includes a recent version of the PEAR Log package, but an old, incompatible version of PHP. Actually, this still seems to be PHP 4, which is dead.
Downgrading to Log 1.11.6 would help.

i meant to update this.

Ive already downloaded PHP 5.3 and replaced php5.2 which is now allowing the php sites to load.

Not very good support from Parallels.

Did moving to php 5.3 resolve the problem? If so, did you do anything special to install?

Back