• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.1.1 Horde fatal error - help!

the problem is all of php, i though initially it was just horde.

I downloaded php and extracted to a seperate folder.

I then renamed C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5 to C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5old

I then copied the new php folder in and renamed it PleskPHP5 and edited

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini

and changed the extension_dir variable to

extension_dir ="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP\extensions"

you could probably just copy in php.ini from C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5old

Then i restarted IIS to make sure everything was cleared.

To make sure it was all working i created a file in a users home area called test.php and added

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

then visited that URL.

Most of it is working, i have an issue with cubecart on a domain but i think that is something else.

What shocks me here is there is clearly an issue with this install but there is no support???

just a quuck update.

our server is now sorted. We have had to use the non-TS version of php 5.2.17 which has removed this error.

When using the TS version the error occurs. We were using php 5.3 but this has problems with native mysql support so had to roll back to 5.2.17.

This has wasted 4 days of my time on something that should of been fully tested by Parallels which clearly wasn't. Hopefully in the next update they will test better.

I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

thanks

Ian

Thanks for the tips, glad you were able to correct your issues. I was finally able to get a maintenance window opened but replacing PHPO with 5.2.7nts made no difference for me. Off to pay for support...

I'm using the PleskPHP5 naming convention - renamed the OEM directory to PleskPHP5old and put in 5.2.7nts as PleskPHP5 before restarting all services. Tried copying the existing php.ini as well as modifying the php.ini which came with 5.2.7, same result. Still getting the same error:

Warning: Wrong parameter count for class_exists() in D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\Log.php on line 142

Warning: Wrong parameter count for class_exists() in D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\Log.php on line 147
A fatal error has occurred

An error has occurred. Furthermore, Horde encountered an error attempting to log this error. Please check your Horde logging configuration in horde/config/conf.php.

thats better, it shows that php is working.

have you created a php page and put this in?

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

the load up page, this will say whats loading and what isn't

thats good, its showing php is now working. Would be worth testing another site other than webmail to see if they are ok.

Webmail should work though.

Most probably this error occurs due to soft-failed Horde upgrade. AFAIK starting from Horde 3.2 they reimplemented logging solution, so if not all files were replaced you might suffer from compartibility problems.

As an instant solution I would advise you to disable logging, change setting to :
$conf['log']['enabled'] = 'false';

File conf.php usually can be found somewhere like '/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/conf.php' or 'C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\config\config.php', pathes may vary on different Plesk and OS versions.

Today i have upgraded from 9.5 to 10.1; experiencing the same Horde problems:
Warning: Wrong parameter count for class_exists() in D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\Log.php on line 142

Warning: Wrong parameter count for class_exists() in D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\Log.php on line 147

Have tried enabling via web and websrvmng but none works; anybody has a solution yet?

Wanted to say thanks to Greg, our Horde webmail is now functioning again properly.

For fixing problem you can also try to set

"$conf['log']['enabled'] = false;"

in conf.php.

Back