• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.5.30 upgrade to 12.0.18 error

_TimF_

New Pleskian
I'm attempting to upgrade a Plesk Panel 11.5.30 to 12.0.8 on Windows 2008 R2 through an Administrative Command Prompt. During the initial download portion of the install files I get the following error in the log file.

Unexpected 'class boost::filesystem::filesystem_error' caught: boost::filesystem::rename: Access is denied: "C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_12.0.18\examine_launcher.exe.tmp", "C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_12.0.18\examine_launcher.exe"

How can this be fixed?

Thanks.
Tim

Make sure that C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL_WIN_12.0.18 hasn't incorrect permissions for `psaadm` user. On my test server user `psaadm` does not have any permissions for ` C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL_WIN_12.0.18` folder. After permission correction run `Plesk Reconfigurator` in order to set the correct security settings for Plesk folders.

IgorG: Thanks for the response. The 'psaadm' user does not have permissions for the 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL_WIN_12.0.18' folder. I still ran 'Plesk Reconfigurator' in order to set the correct security settings for the Plesk folders. I still get the same error when trying to run the upgrade. Any other ideas?

Something wrong with permissions for C:\ParallelsInstaller folder. Try to rename it, download autoinstaller and run it again.

IgorG: Same results. I've tried with my creating the folder. The autoinstaller creating the folder. I even tried with the ParallelsInstaller folder on a different drive. Every time it errors at the same spot trying to rename the examine_launcher.exe.tmp file. The strange part is that it does rename the file to examine_launcher.exe. Is there an issue with the autoinstaller?

Back