• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Error when attempting to upgrade from 12.0.18 to onyx 17.0.17

nkk

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am trying to update my Plesk panel (I am running windows 2008 r2 ) from version 12.0.18 to version 17.0.17 stable, however, I encounter the error message :-

Code:
Components and product validation detected at least one important issue:
Plesk pre-upgrade checking...
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
WARNING: After upgrade you have to add write pemissions to psacln group on fo
der C:\inetpub\mailroot\pickup. Please, check Custom file permissions have been lost on Plesk upgrade for
more details.

Proceeding with installation or upgrade without resolving the issues
that were found can corrupt your data.

I am reluctant to continue due to the potential risk as this is a production server.

Please can somebody advise how to proceed ?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi nkk,

I would like to help you to understand the message a bit better:

From => Custom file permissions have been lost on Plesk upgrade
Resolution
Create an additional file with custom rules, and put it into the '%plesk_dir%\\etc\\DiskSecurity' folder, as described in the Advanced Administration Guide:

Another hint has been given by "Nikolay Voytko" => Custom file permissions have been lost on Plesk upgrade :
Once you have made necessary modifications to the security metadata file, run the ApplySecurity.exe utility to apply the security rules to Windows objects.

For information about using the ApplySecurity.exe utility, consult Plesk for Microsoft Windows: Reference for Command-Line Utilities at Server Security: ApplySecurity.exe. ApplySecurity.exe is stored under "%plesk_dir%\admin\bin64"
Additional link:

=> Command Line Utilities Overview

Back