• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

12.5 | Incremental Backups

Elompenta

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 12.5 contains the incremental backup feature

In the Admin-Guide was a description of the fine grained function of these feature.
I think i don't understand the description correct

You wrote:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=59256.htm
Full and Incremental Backups
Code:
Plesk includes in incremental backups the data related to web, mail, and database hosting,
but only web hosting data is backed up incrementally.
In other words, only changes in data related to web are taken into account in incremental backups,
while mail and database related data is included in full.

What is the exact meening of these sentence?
Only Filesystem within the /httpdocs/ directory are backuped in an incremental way?

Emails, on every backups are backup as full backup?

I this a temp. issue?
Do you work on this to also support incremental Email Backups?

Elompenta,

You can't incremental backup MySQL ....or can you?
Which is why they run FULL backup for both MySQL and Mail.

In short, only Website files (/var/www/vhosts) will be incrementally backed up ...

@abdi
Yes - i dont want to create increment mysql Backups :p

But Emails from the Filesysteam can be storec in incremental backups - why plesk to this not?

Yes, I agree it's possible to run an incremental email backup since the actual email files are basic files on the server, however since Postfix uses MySQL for email account info storage..(I think this partly is the reason ...)

Never the less, if you must know why, I guess a team member from plesk can explain why ..Than basing on my speculation :)

Back