• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved (18.0.28) Diagnose & Repair: Wrong admin password is found for PSA database server.

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I've updated Plesk to the last version 18.0.28 (CloudLinux 7.8) but now when I run "Diagnose & Repair" I receive this error for "Plesk Database":
Wrong admin password is found for PSA database server.
2020-06-23_22-53-12.png

If I click on "repair" nothing happen (it's turn on green/fixed but if I run again the "Diagnose & Repair" the error is still there).
How can I fix it?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I have the same problem since updating to 18.0.28 an hour ago. Plesk on Ubuntu 18.04.4 by Ionos Provider.

I am also getting the same error while checking "Diagnose & Repair" >> "Plesk Database" >> "Wrong admin password is found for PSA database server."

I am running CentOS 7.8 with plesk 18.0.28 by hetzner.

Thanks

After an upgrade to 18.0.28 on our Hetzner CentOS 7.8 reference (empty test system with default Plesk) installation I do not see the same.

Then I went ahead and applied the update to a production machine with many customer accounts on it.
After the upgrade to 18.0.28 on a Hetzner CentOS 7.8 production machine I see the same error "Wrong admin password is found for PSA database server."
That error is also reported when running "plesk repair db" on the shell.
However, the database server is fully accessible on shell and GUI.

@IgorG Is it safe to run "repair" on this error? I am a bit afraid that repair on this could actually store some wrong password data to some wrong location. There don't seem to be any FAQ articles on this.

Hello,

After the update to the version: 18.0.28 I have the next error in Diagnose & Repair : Missing temporary file folder for domain:
This is on all domains.
Strange thing !!! it isn't missing. The directory is there and I can access it.
option "repair" doesn't fix the error.

Aantekening 2020-06-24 143630.png

Does anyone have I idea?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Aantekening 2020-06-24 143630.png
    Aantekening 2020-06-24 143630.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
Can confirm.
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.28_build1800200620.01 os_Ubuntu 18.04
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
MariaDB 10.3.23

This is now a confirmed bug by the developers: PPPM-12094: Plesk repair shows: "Wrong admin password is found for PSA database server".
It seems that there's no immediate need to change anything, as there's no impact on the server itself etc (we certainly haven't seen any issues ourselves, apart from the visual error report loop that's already been posted above) and it will be fixed in one of the next Obsidian releases. We're happy with that as a conclusion.

18.0.28 MU #1
The plesk bin repair --db -n command works correctly again and does not return the “Wrong admin password is found for PSA database server” error. (PPPM-12094)

Back