• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

2mb attachment limit on horde webmail

R

rossgile

I have set the limit size of mailboxes to 50mb in Plesk - however I can only send up to 2mb size file attachments in webmail.

Any ideas here?

- rg

You need to edit your php.ini file (/etc/php.ini) so that it allows the size of attachment you require.

you can do this by editing this section -

PHP:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir =/home/httpd/vhosts/tmp

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 72M

hope this helps.

Along with the upload_max_filesize, you may want to consider bumping the following values:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
<Files *.php>
SetOutputFilter PHP
SetInputFilter PHP
# max attachment size: 512 kbytes
LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>
Change LimitRequestBody value to what suits you.
(by default, these lines are not in the file, you must add them! Change the value to BIGGER. Had to do this since Plesk 6 and when I used to sell web appliances... )

/etc/php.ini
post_max_size = 72M
upload_max_filesize = 72M
memory_limit = -1

(I am lazy, so I set both these values to the same) Setting memory_limit to -1 or to a really big value may also help out. There are posts elsewhere which indicate if it's too small (like 16K default) that IMP will misbehave and attachments fail. I think I set it to 32M or 64M (must be larger than post_max_size and upload_max_size)

YES - it helped. It was set at 2mb.

I changed it. Do I need to do anything else to make it active?

- rg

I generally restart all related services, such as courier/imap, or if all else fails, reboot the server :)

Hi all. I am having a problem also, not be able to send attachments larger than 2 MB. The limit; however, is set to 20 MB and it is allowed also. The problem specifically looks like this: I click "send" with the 2 MB+ attachment and the page simply doesn't load and the message is not sent. Any ideas?

hi, did you ever resolve the problem of the screen going blank when sending attach over the 2mb limit ??

Ive got the same and searching for the answer of what to change !!

thanks

Andy

Back